2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread

My Prediction. :P
1. Mercedes
+8 tenths (even if it is more, we will never know, just like last year. In Bahrain last year, Ferrari was faster than Mercedes in all practice sessions, but that didn't made any difference. Whole of last year, it was carrot and stick situation for Ferrari)
2. Ferrari
+3 tenths
3. Williams
No idea what the difference is ....
4. Red Bull, Force India.
5. Toro Rosso
6. McLaren
7. Doesn't matter.

Just like last year, it is still Mercedes who is hyping up Ferrari than Ferrari itself. There is nothing evident to say Ferrari has gained any ground (other than loads of fan boy optimism, turning every testing outlook into Ferrari's favor). None of the testing number tells anything about anyone's relative position. Team insiders from many teams are clear that Mercedes is gone. So, it doesn't matter what the website analysts hype about. Mercedes didn't even bothered about ordering a handsome set of Softs or even any set of Super Soft or Ultra Soft. So much of confidence about their package. One more season of Mercedes drivers' internal war and stupid equality crap.

F1NAC

@GPR-A

I will agree with your list and only change distance between Merc and Ferrari. I would say +3 tenths is Ferrari behind

SectorOne

After following testing a bit and trying to decipher the teams comments etc i´m quite inclined to think that Mercedes possibly may have even extended the advantage, aero and engine-wise.

I can´t help but think Mercedes are now leading the aero development within these regulations.
Seems to me while Red Bull has always been the king of aero, Mercedes have taken their own path in certain areas sort of developing the aero philosophy for everyone else. Free of charge. Just like Red Bull used to do with their magnificent post-09 creations.

I´m no engineer, i´m not an aerodyncamicist and my post might be complete horse-sh*t for all i know.
But as a fan, looking at the cars it seems Mercedes is doing things differently, thinking outside the box, leading the way.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ferkan
ferkan

GPR-A wrote:My Prediction. :P
1. Mercedes
+8 tenths (even if it is more, we will never know, just like last year. In Bahrain last year, Ferrari was faster than Mercedes in all practice sessions, but that didn't made any difference. Whole of last year, it was carrot and stick situation for Ferrari)
2. Ferrari
+3 tenths
3. Williams
5. Toro Rosso
6. McLaren
7. Doesn't matter.

Just like last year, it is still Mercedes who is hyping up Ferrari than Ferrari itself. There is nothing evident to say Ferrari has gained any ground (other than loads of fan boy optimism, turning every testing outlook into Ferrari's favor). None of the testing number tells anything about anyone's relative position. Team insiders from many teams are clear that Mercedes is gone. So, it doesn't matter what the website analysts hype about. Mercedes didn't even bothered about ordering a handsome set of Softs or even any set of Super Soft or Ultra Soft. So much of confidence about their package. One more season of Mercedes drivers' internal war and stupid equality crap.
What insiders? Ned from Williams? Ricciardo thinks Merc AND Ferrari are gone, but that they are on equal footing with Williams. We will see, if Ferrari don't prove worthy competition then I hope Rosberg continues his good form and introduces something in this stale sport.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Mercedes has shown no evidence that they are gone anywhere based on these tests..... Both Mercedes and Ferrari have speed on hand and we will see who is where in australia the end.

nanocustic

F1metrics did a very good analysis on the first test, so they got a pecking order too haha

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2016/02 ... 2016-cars/
Meliora

F1Krof

nanocustic wrote:F1metrics did a very good analysis on the first test, so they got a pecking order too haha

One thing missing though, FUEL LOADS. You can crunch all you want, if you don't know how heavy the car's running the laptimes don't mean anything.

My opinion is that Mercedes' hit the development wall. They went as far as they could but Ferrari's caught them.

1. Mercedes & Ferrari
3. Williams
4. Red Bull & Toro Rosso
6. Force India
7. McLaren
8. Renault
9. Sauber
10. Haas
11. Manor
Wroom wroom

RobertPthe3rd
RobertPthe3rd

My 2 pennies

Mercedes
+.9
Ferrari
+.4
Williams (Thanks Merc)
Force India (Thanks Merc)
Toro Rosso(Ferrari 15 pu is godsend)
Redbull (it's Renaults fault again)

Mclaren (it's Mclaren and Hondas fault)
Sauber
Renault (yes your pu is still garbage, will you slip behind even Honda?)
Hass (car looks good, but lack of experience is crucial here)
+.6
Manor (still sad) even Mercedes can't save you. But atleast you are on the grid.

PlatinumZealot

nanocustic wrote:F1metrics did a very good analysis on the first test, so they got a pecking order too haha

I always like this guy's analyses. Remeber to post the analysis of the second test now y'hear.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Gaz.
Gaz.

F1Krof wrote:

One thing missing though, FUEL LOADS. You can crunch all you want, if you don't know how heavy the car's running the laptimes don't mean anything.

My opinion is that Mercedes' hit the development wall. They went as far as they could but Ferrari's caught them.

1. Mercedes & Ferrari
3. Williams
4. Red Bull & Toro Rosso
6. Force India
7. McLaren
8. Renault
9. Sauber
10. Haas
11. Manor
F1Metrics will have them for the 2nd test because most teams did unbroken race sims.
Forza Jules

diemaster
diemaster

- Mercedes -0,2-0,3 sec. faster than Ferrari (I think ferrari will be faster than mercedes in race cond.)
- Ferrari -0,7-0,8 sec. faster than Williams
- Williams -0,1-0,2 sec. faster than Red Bull & Toro Rosso & Force India group
- Red Bull & Toro Rosso & Force India (will be very close)
- Renault & Sauber (will be very close)
- Mclaren
- Haas
- Manor

giantfan10
giantfan10

GPR-A wrote:My Prediction. :P
1. Mercedes
2. Ferrari
+3 tenths
3. Williams
5. Toro Rosso
6. McLaren
7. Doesn't matter.

this from someone in the know and i happen to agree with him... Jamesallenonf1.com:

Overview – Mercedes vs Ferrari for wins and championship
The overview is that Mercedes continues to set the pace, but we think that the gap to Ferrari in underlying pace has roughly halved over the winter and that Mercedes is perhaps 0.2s-0.3s faster than the Maranello squad. But there are signs that the race pace is closer than that, with a couple of Kimi Raikkonen’s long runs in particular suggesting that Ferrari more or less matches Mercedes.
What we do not yet know is what the gap is when Mercedes turns up its engine to the maximum qualifying mode. Last season this was worth 0.4s. Ferrari has worked on its ultra aggressive mode too, but we won’t see that gap until both teams reach for the secret weapon on Saturday in Melbourne.

PlatinumZealot

In the F1 Metrics link posted above Mercedes has a magic 15 lap stint on mediums and when you compare that to the Ferrari it was minimum half a second a lap faster. So this could be the real omen for Ferrari fans. I hope it's representative. I could do with another dominant season. Heck I'd take two more dominant seasons before I get bored! lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ferkan
ferkan

Don't hold your breath :mrgreen:

continuum16

I think we'll have a championship like the mclaren/Renault one where Ferrari may have the faster car, but it doesn't appear to be as reliable as merc, and therefore merc will win again. Kimi will be the deciding factor if Ferrari is to have a go at WCC.

Ferrari
Merc +0.1
Red Bull +0.5
Williams + 0.7
Force India +0.9
STR +0.9
Mclaren +1.2
Renault +1.2
Sauber +1.4
Haas +1.5
Manor +1.8
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain