2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
giantfan10
giantfan10

Re: 2016 Pecking Order Speculation and Fantasy Thread

Fulcrum wrote:I think its going to depend substantially on how many tracks force Ferrari to run with Medium, or harder, tyre compounds.
based on testing there is no issue with mediums for Ferrari.... i would love to know where this assumption came from. last year is over.making that jump based on what played out in Australia is just plain silly. Just so you know Teams have no idea what tires are fitted to competitors cars during the red flag period untill seconds before the cars roll off.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

I was bored a while ago during preseason and made a spreadsheet listing all the predictions in this thread made before testing started. So far (after each round) no-one has been right.

It's immediately obvious because of The Haas Anomaly. They are currently in 5th place, which, as you can see in the histogram below, no-one predicted. To his credit, only Gaz had the foresight to see them do well, although he overshot the mark very slightly, and got the order quite wrong otherwise.

Even if you shuffle Haas down the order, the closest anyone came to making an accurate prediction after Round 1 is Nathanael F1efuloni and nanocustic, all with just two teams swapped (other than Haas, and depending on where you put them). And ME4ME is the only person after Round 2 who has only two teams swapped with Haas in any other position.

I'm interested to see if anyone will be right over the duration of the season.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

After a few more rounds and some movement in the constructor's championship order (and especially the downfall of Haas), still nobody has predicted correctly.