F1technical F1 team feeler thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

F1technical F1 team feeler thread

Gene Haas aint got nothing on this!

Let's put together some roles. Just nominate your skill set(s) or what you imagine yourself doing in a F1 team and lets see how the team forms out.

Don't be shy now, a full Formula 1 team has hundreds of people so there will be enough space for most roles. Obviously depending on the team structure some roles will have to be bitterly argued over; like the Team owner(s), Principal, executive director(s), drivers. There of course has to be a decision on the team structure too.

Some posters here have definitely demonstrated expertise in certain areas. Others have the talk but at least the interest is there. You know yourselves. I mean it is amazing the posters who posses REAL knowledge and experience in these areas. Suspension, Engine, chassis, Politics, financing, strategy, speculation - Just name it! We can build a team! I mean even the armchairs I am amazed at sometimes lol (Do I amaze myself then?!) I see a few tyre washers up in here too.. I won't call any names...

I am not the most eloquent on here so this thread is not the official one, just a feeler thread. An official one would have to be started by the mods if you people want to do this I guess. So what say you?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

wesley123

Re: F1technical F1 team feeler thread

I want to be the guy that involves himself in everything but no one really knows what he does
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bhall II

wesley123 wrote:I want to be the guy that involves himself in everything but no one really knows what he does

:?:

livinglikethathuh

I could handle:
-Aerodynamicist
-Aero Design Engineer
-Aero Test&Evaluation
-Structural Engineer
and of course
-Driver

skoop

Management (non technical)

Facts Only

I want to be the woman who's always in full team gear hovering behind the drivers when they do interviews in the 'media pen' after the race. Every team seem to have one.

Either that or the hospitality 'tent' pot washer.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Writinglife

I would simply excel at "the guy who washes the wheels after the race" I think I can cope with that task in return for paid trips to far flung destinations.

mertol

Test driver pls

Shooty81

Race engineer...

bauc

Shooty81 wrote:Race engineer...
Same for me
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

BanMeToo

Driver :D :D I would need a new spine though. One that doesn't have moderately serious lumbar issues. F1 teams can afford it right!

Actually though I would be one of the data analysts. Probably the lowest-level and lowest-paid data analyst, since I'm not an engineer or computer scientist.

Facts Only wrote:I want to be the woman who's always in full team gear hovering behind the drivers when they do interviews in the 'media pen' after the race. Every team seem to have one.

Either that or the hospitality 'tent' pot washer.
lol. mate you could be the rulebook loophole finder or something.

nevill3

Press Officer.....Bcos Imho I'm Gr8 at txting
Roflmao
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

PlatinumZealot

livinglikethathuh wrote:I could handle:
-Aerodynamicist
-Aero Design Engineer
-Aero Test&Evaluation
-Structural Engineer
and of course
-Driver
You are either a very expensive employee or a very exploited one! lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sawtooth-spike

I want to be the Guy who Denies everything, even when all the facts say otherwise.

"your wing is ilegal, it is to wide" , "no, this is all clearly a question of scale and relativity"
"you failed to put any tyre on your car during your pits stop, is your team in crisis?" "No we felt this offered us the most open strategy for the later part of the race, where the choice of compound will be crucial"

I did wonder if Red bull would of had a job for me if they had failed to sort out an engine for next year.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

graham.reeds

I'm the one who sells the IP to a rival team and gets away with it.