Saturday sprint race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan

Re: Saturday sprint race

Go flat out on Saturday, smack the car in to barrier, possibly lose chance to be competitive in Sunday's race. Result: Saturday could be dull and Sunday could be even smaller grids. Oh, and the costs of running two cars for two races would be pretty high too. Bad idea all round for me.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Juzh

Flat out racing in F1? Just do it.

FrukostScones

Sprint race and reverse grid on the big FIA FOM meeting agenda.
My proposal:
Why not have a normal qualiyfying for a GP and a Saturday sprint race where the grid will be determined by random selection. Sprint race will bring a 1/4 points than GP.
GP format untouched, plus mega action.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

proteus

FrukostScones wrote:Sprint race and reverse grid on the big FIA FOM meeting agenda.
My proposal:
Why not have a normal qualiyfying for a GP and a Saturday sprint race where the grid will be determined by random selection. Sprint race will bring a 1/4 points than GP.
Yeah right. Make the allready silly F1 a joke for many many years ahead.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

FrukostScones

proteus wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:Sprint race and reverse grid on the big FIA FOM meeting agenda.
My proposal:
Yeah right. Make the allready silly F1 a joke for many many years ahead.
what?

You prefer a sprint race and a reveresed grid on Sunday? (they want that).

My proposal is way better as it keep sthe GP format true , just with some added random Bernie Entertainment.

and that random Bernie Entertainment will come (as we have seen with that double point sh*t)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

proteus

What i want is to leave it as it is. No silly reverse grids, no sprint races and so on... Saturday is for qualifying and sunday for racing. It was all fine for decades and now we need to change it for some strange reason. Why not making it in a death-race style and put markers on the track for drivers to run them over and then getting an ability to pass, DRS, engine malfunction, and so on...
Or lets make it an reality tv show in which the driver that gets most likes gets a pass for use of more fuel flow and horsepower, or the one that gets most dislikes gets detuned engine...

Direction in which this sport is heading is beyond any normal thinking...Founding fathers are rolling in their graves.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ChrisF1

Treating the symptoms and not the disease. People would be more interested in the 50 year old format if the racing was good, but it's terrible to the point die hards are switching off.

Chasing arab oil money and racing in deserts with aero sensitive cars and drive-me-gently tyres with fuel saving has killed F1.

Pierce89

My suggestion is to give points in qualifying to make everyone actually push for the last .001 of a second . Then Saturday sprint in reverse qualifying order. Then Sunday main race starting in the finishing order of the Saturday sprint( I like the name qualifying race better).
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

FW17

I would love to see a 15 lap or 20 lap race broken with caution period every 4 laps and a mandatory pit stop in place of the qualifying session. Order for the race can be Practice 3 finishing order.