Drivers helmets 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Morteza

Re: Drivers helmets 2016

By the looks of it no longer a Schuberth helmet. Arai perhaps? Like the one Jenson is using?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

superdowg316

Morteza wrote:
By the looks of it no longer a Schuberth helmet. Arai perhaps? Like the one Jenson is using?
I think McLaren has a helmet deal with Arai, but because Alonso left Ferrari a year before his contract was up (???) he had to run Schuberth for 2015. I expect that Vettel had the same deal with Arai and will run Schuberth this year, since that's Ferrari's helmet deal.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

xDama
xDama

superdowg316 wrote:
Morteza wrote:
I think McLaren has a helmet deal with Arai, but because Alonso left Ferrari a year before his contract was up (???) he had to run Schuberth for 2015. I expect that Vettel had the same deal with Arai and will run Schuberth this year, since that's Ferrari's helmet deal.
I don't think Ferrari is still connected to Schuberth like in the Schumacher/Massa days. Kimi switched from Arai to Bell when he was at Lotus, and I think he only drove 1 or 2 races with Schuberth in 2014, before switching back to Bell.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

superdowg316

xDama wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:
Morteza wrote:
I don't think Ferrari is still connected to Schuberth like in the Schumacher/Massa days. Kimi switched from Arai to Bell when he was at Lotus, and I think he only drove 1 or 2 races with Schuberth in 2014, before switching back to Bell.
Alonso changed from Arai to Schuberth back when he joined Ferrari in 2010 but I don't know whether they just let their drivers do what they want now. I could understand now because Seb is the #1 driver and what he wants he gets and Kimi just does whatever he wants.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Scuderia1967

Ferrari has a Bell deal since last year. But they're not a "official suplier" (like Pirelli or Puma), justa a suplier, like OZ wheels. Anyone knows the difference?

krisfx
krisfx

Scuderia1967 wrote:Ferrari has a Bell deal since last year. But they're not a "official suplier" (like Pirelli or Puma), justa a suplier, like OZ wheels. Anyone knows the difference?
Raikkonen runs a Bell HP7, which would be why they're potentially a supplier.

Edit: I imagine official supplier would be that they both had to wear a Bell for example.

Scuderia1967

krisfx wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:Ferrari has a Bell deal since last year. But they're not a "official suplier" (like Pirelli or Puma), justa a suplier, like OZ wheels. Anyone knows the difference?
Raikkonen runs a Bell HP7, which would be why they're potentially a supplier.

Edit: I imagine official supplier would be that they both had to wear a Bell for example.
Maybe that's why, but then again OZ is "just" a supplier and both cars use their wheels... :wink:

gary123

Now it's official, alonso returned to Arai.
That red at the bottom... #-o
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB8M2Bzhmkl/

VarioR

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

VarioR

Bottas switched to Stilo??

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

VarioR

Alonso to Arai

VarioR

Daniil Kvyat

VarioR

Daniel Ricciardo

VarioR

No big changes for Nico Rosberg

Scuderia1967

VarioR wrote:Bottas switched to Stilo??

http://i.imgur.com/RGkDLM5.jpg
Oh God, no!!!!!