Stefano Domenicali - CEO at Lamborghini

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SR14
SR14

Stefano Domenicali - CEO at Lamborghini

Here is a some more fuel to a certain rumor or speculation that does not die down among F1 fans. With the 2017 regulations changing, Red Bull on a 1-year deal with Renault for 2016, and now Stefano heading Lamborghini, is the VW group's entry into F1 under the Lamborghini name imminent?

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/02/23/lamb ... -official/

void

Re: Stefano Domenicali - CEO at Lamborghini

Sounds nice Reb Bull Lamborghini or Lamborghini Reb Bull.

aleks_ader

That would be sick! Just more preparation should help. Look Honda how all pan out. If we connect the Stefanno appointment could WV be prepared to entry as "constructor" before 2019.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

GitanesBlondes

First it was, "He's gone to Audi because Audi is going to enter F1 as an engine supplier!"

Now people think it's going to be with Lamborghini?

lol

Never going to happen.

VAG is not getting involved in F1 any time soon.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

ScottB
ScottB

Given VW's very clear statement this week, it won't be happening in the near future certainly.

dren

ScottB wrote:Given VW's very clear statement this week, it won't be happening in the near future certainly.
I think that statement is VW trying to get the FIA to solidify future regulations because they want to enter and/or are actually planning to enter.

There is no reason for VW to say anything publicly one way or another unless they are interested. It's like a Mr. E comment. You have to read into it a little...
Honda!

OneAlex

After the engine crises and Bernie's last-minute attempts to change the regs and bring in other engines I can't see VW wanting to enter into F1 at all now, and I read their statement less as putting pressure on the FIA to solidify engines regs and instead more almost blaming Ecclestone's politics for their cooling interest.

Then again I could be wrong and Lambo and Red Bull will actually go ahead and do it, particularly if their statement does give impetus to start stabilising some regs.

ScottB
ScottB

dren wrote:
ScottB wrote:Given VW's very clear statement this week, it won't be happening in the near future certainly.
I think that statement is VW trying to get the FIA to solidify future regulations because they want to enter and/or are actually planning to enter.

There is no reason for VW to say anything publicly one way or another unless they are interested. It's like a Mr. E comment. You have to read into it a little...
Reading into it as why I don't think it will happen, they seem to want;

• new owners
• 5 years of technical regulation stability

As long as Bernie is around, I can't see either of those happening. Depending on how the negotiations for post 2020 go, maybe then, but as I said, not any time soon...