Daniel Ricciardo's contract

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Mangalhit

Re: Daniel Ricciardo's contract

I think a RIC to SF would be awesome for the sport. Vettel vs Ricciardo 2 everybody loves sequels and they sell pretty well. Plus RB has talent to spare to promote to the team. Plus if a deal is announced mid year we could see an epic even more heated fight between the kids Sainz Verstapen. contrary to popular believe I think F1 is going towards a good place right now, people are familiarised with the drivers, they have their favourites. The field is close enough to have plenty of changes from track to track and keep things on the edge. I just hope they keep some stability in the rules, things are about to get good.

PlatinumZealot

Vettel would have sleepless nights. He won't allow it no matter what he says to the media.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

FrukostScones

PlatinumZealot wrote:Vettel would have sleepless nights. He won't allow it no matter what he says to the media.
Everyone who compare these two guys drivering skills because of the 2014 Renault shitbox results and VET exit clause is biased as biased can be.

I think he would give RIC a chance in 2017. but as I think RIC could become WDC with RB in 2017 there is no need for a Ferrari switch for him.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ME4ME

I think Ricciardo could go to Ferrari if he wanted to. Mercedes, possibly, but it depends on the Rosberg-Hamilton situation.
Ricciardo would have to consider which team can offer him the best car in the coming couple of years. I'm pretty convinced Red Bull still produce better chassis and aero then Ferrari, but obviously the engine plays a huge roll as well. He'll have to wait and see how much progress Renault makes this season.

Andres125sx

No idea, but I hope he has a car to fight for the titles, as he´s one of the few drivers who can still overtake without DRS, a endargered species....

Jolle
Jolle

I really could see Riccardo taking over from Rosberg (if he doesn't win the title this year) so Mercedes is in good shape in a couple of years when Hamilton decides to call it quits.

rayden
rayden

You would be a fool to leave Red Bull with new regs coming in next year & a refreshed/rested newey coming back full time(ish).

The only question mark is the PU. If they have nothing concrete towards the end of the year for 2017, maybe then start sniffing around merc/ferrari.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

PlatinumZealot wrote:Vettel would have sleepless nights. He won't allow it no matter what he says to the media.
That's a decision for Marchionne and co to make.

graham.reeds
graham.reeds

Jolle wrote:I really could see Riccardo taking over from Rosberg (if he doesn't win the title this year) so Mercedes is in good shape in a couple of years when Hamilton decides to call it quits.
Pascal Wehrlein is the heir apparent to the Mercedes seat.

hemichromis
hemichromis

graham.reeds wrote:
Jolle wrote:I really could see Riccardo taking over from Rosberg (if he doesn't win the title this year) so Mercedes is in good shape in a couple of years when Hamilton decides to call it quits.
If Ricciardo became free for Mercedes next year they would certainly take him. Pascal Wehrlein can continue to improve in lower teams and in 2019 when Hamilton's contract is up Mercedes can look into it again.

I really don't believe Mercedes would pass up the opportunity of Ricciardo.

graham.reeds
graham.reeds

hemichromis wrote:
graham.reeds wrote:
If Ricciardo became free for Mercedes next year they would certainly take him. Pascal Wehrlein can continue to improve in lower teams and in 2019 when Hamilton's contract is up Mercedes can look into it again.

I really don't believe Mercedes would pass up the opportunity of Ricciardo.
I can. He's good but he's not great. Before you wheel out the tired argument that he beat Vettel, remember that Vettel probably had an exit clause if he was lower than 5th or 6th. He wanted to go to Ferrari, the Renault weren't in the same league as Ferrari and Mercedes so while he didn't exactly throw the races he probably could of finished ahead of Ricciardo. But in doing so couldn't active the exit clause.

Andres125sx

So you think Vettel won four titles in a row, and next season he sabotaged his team to move out? :wtf:

SectorOne

graham.reeds wrote:remember that Vettel probably had an exit clause if he was lower than 5th or 6th.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

graham.reeds
graham.reeds

Andres125sx wrote:So you think Vettel won four titles in a row, and next season he sabotaged his team to move out? :wtf:
You didn't need to be a genius to figure out he wasn't going to be world champion after testing, let alone the first race.

Drivers have all sort of clauses in their contract and especially if you are a multiple world champion. You can pretty much guarantee that you would have a exit clause if they don't provide you with a car capable of winning the championship and the only way to quantify that is to base it on position and reliability - something that the Renault didn't have.

Added: http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... xit_clause

Andres125sx

That doesn´t mean he didn´t do his best in that season