Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sauberfan
sauberfan

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Nasr denies talks with FI:

http://esporte.uol.com.br/f1/ultimas-no ... a-2017.htm

Magnussen and Ocon are rivallring for the Renault cockpit:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/magnu ... 41901/?s=1

stefan_
stefan_

I would keep Magnussen at Renault and give him a decent car. The kid can drive.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Vasconia

ChrisDanger wrote:A bit more on that.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/789872655990071296
The silly season is not giving us too many surprises. :roll:

I wasnt expecting to see Kvyat at TR in 2017 but I am happy for him.

With Magnussen at Renault, Sainz could have a chance in 2018...

Racer X

stefan_ wrote:I would keep Magnussen at Renault and give him a decent car. The kid can drive.
Magnussen is the perfect Force India type of driver or Wehrlein.

Ocon is probably going to Renault they can afford to take a shot on a new driver since they now have Hulk.

Magnussen or Wehrlein will do great at Force India we will allow all of us to measure their potential a little bit better. Force India allows the drivers to develop some real talent. They won't be in back marking Works Teams like McLaren and Renault.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

edu2703
edu2703

sauberfan wrote:Nasr denies talks with FI:

http://esporte.uol.com.br/f1/ultimas-no ... a-2017.htm

Magnussen and Ocon are rivallring for the Renault cockpit:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/magnu ... 41901/?s=1
About Nasr: I doubt Nasr is telling the truth, or he doesn't know of his negotiations. And in the interview, he said that himself is not in talks with Force India, but is not 100% sure about his manager.

I have reliable sources inside the FI said Nasr is very close to signing a contract. There is a lot of people involved in the negotiations including Bernie Ecclestone. The choice will be made in one or two weeks.

About Magnussen and Ocon: Old news. But I think Magnussen has more chances of getting a seat than Ocon.

iotar__

Kvyat celebrated his F1 career extension with trademark performance ;-) : bad Q, bad start, collision, penalty and last but not least race pace. I'm sorry I couldn't help myself but that's reality not I like blue colour he should be in team X.

Noticed how they tried the old trick of making up interest through helpful media (Force India link) seconds before keeping him?

edu2703
edu2703

iotar__ wrote:Kvyat celebrated his F1 career extension with trademark performance ;-) : bad Q, bad start, collision, penalty and last but not least race pace. I'm sorry I couldn't help myself but that's reality not I like blue colour he should be in team X.

Noticed how they tried the old trick of making up interest through helpful media (Force India link) seconds before keeping him?

SAVAGE! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edu2703
edu2703

Talking about Force India, Brazilian journalist Reginaldo Leme confirmed Force India has already chosen Nasr for 2017 season. Just need to sign the contract.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/esp ... india.html

He is a trusted source. 40 years covering F1 races

stefan_
stefan_

Would be nice to see Nasr finally driving a decent car, if FI manages to build a good car, like this years' was.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

FW17

I hope.......

Nasr to FI

Magnussen to Sauber (finally a good driver there)

Ocon to Renault

Palmer to Haas

Sirotkin to Manor

Vasconia

edu2703 wrote:Talking about Force India, Brazilian journalist Reginaldo Leme confirmed Force India has already chosen Nasr for 2017 season. Just need to sign the contract.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/esp ... india.html

He is a trusted source. 40 years covering F1 races
I seems that Bernie is doing his job to make this real. Brazil is a great market and he will be the only Brazilian in 2017, no more explanations needed.

Vasconia

iotar__ wrote:Kvyat celebrated his F1 career extension with trademark performance ;-) : bad Q, bad start, collision, penalty and last but not least race pace. I'm sorry I couldn't help myself but that's reality not I like blue colour he should be in team X.

During the last races Kvyat´s peformance has been much better. I am sure that TR has taken into account this when they have confirmed the Russian. They are not so stupid to bu fooled by a hypothetical negociation between Kvyat and FI.

GPR-A duplicate2

Vasconia wrote:

During the last races Kvyat´s peformance has been much better. I am sure that TR has taken into account this when they have confirmed the Russian. They are not so stupid to bu fooled by a hypothetical negociation between Kvyat and FI.
Based on what I heard on Sky F1, it was not so exciting performance by Gasly in the just concluded tests that made the Red Bull management feel that he is not ready yet to for F1 and have gone ahead with retaining Kvyat.

May be they are worried about repeating the mistakes of pushing Kvyat too soon in to F1 and into Red Bull Senior team. The question is, what is Gasly going to do next year. Will he become redundant if some other young kid rises?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I read RB claims they can always 'house' Gasly somewhere else (leased). For example, Sauber, Manor, Haas. Haas would be unlikely, so it'd be down to Sauber or Manor, with Sauber imho the most probable one.

At the same time, it's reported that Gasly did not get on the best side of the RB camp by claiming he'd be getting Kvyat's TR seat. This in combination with the suggested 'underwhelming' performance during testing, paired to a Kvyat that is getting back on his feet, has postponed Gasly. Not in Kvyat's best interest to crash into Perez like he did at the start though.

I think Gasly is going to have to sit this one out, which actually could see him miss out on F1 alltogether in the end. If he's not in a Sauber next year, I think his chances will slim down fast,
especially looking at how the 'feeder' series battles will play out next year.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

Manoah2u wrote:At the same time, it's reported that Gasly did not get on the best side of the RB camp by claiming he'd be getting Kvyat's TR seat.
Reporters are full of crap. He was asked by a "reporter" about possibly replacing Kvyat mid-season, to which he responded favourably, of course, albeit surprised. This was then twisted into him claiming that he would replace Kvyat. Which is totally not what happened. The media like to make things up then report them as truth. Don't perpetuate the lie.