Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
AnthonyG

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Scuderia1967 wrote:
Jolle wrote:
efuloni wrote:I've seen many many rumors that Sauber is about to become Alfa Romeo.
I think that is wishful thinking, Ferrari already has it's "junior" team -> HAAS. They might brand their PU as an Alfa for some extra discount from Ferrari/FIAT but I won't see FIAT buying Sauber (since they have their own tunnel working well again)
Alfa Romeo will come back to F1, Marchionne has (once again) confirmed it. But that will only happen after the current Giulia-Stelvio-Alfetta release dates
2025, Welcome back Alfa Romeo :mrgreen:
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Jolle
Jolle

Scuderia1967 wrote:
Jolle wrote:
efuloni wrote:I've seen many many rumors that Sauber is about to become Alfa Romeo.
I think that is wishful thinking, Ferrari already has it's "junior" team -> HAAS. They might brand their PU as an Alfa for some extra discount from Ferrari/FIAT but I won't see FIAT buying Sauber (since they have their own tunnel working well again)
Alfa Romeo will come back to F1, Marchionne has (once again) confirmed it. But that will only happen after the current Giulia-Stelvio-Alfetta release dates
The question then will be how.
- huge investment in a team, new PU-designs, etc etc or:
- rebranded "customer" PU's in the back of Haas.

One is a big investment with years before any decent return in marketing and the other is the price of a few stickers.

This might even work on other teams:
- Toro Rosso Dacia
- Manor Smart
- Sauber Chrysler
- Force India Maybach
- RedBull Lada? :D

GM7

One is a big investment with years before any decent return in marketing and the other is the price of a few stickers.

- Toro Rosso Dacia
- Manor Smart
- Sauber Chrysler
- Force India Maybach
RedBull Infiniti or RedBull Nissan or RedBull Mitsubishi that's sound much better than Lada :lol:

In my opinion Haas will display the Alfa Romeo colors in 2019 or 2020.

Scuderia1967

Jolle wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
Jolle wrote:

- Toro Rosso Dacia
- Manor Smart
- Sauber Chrysler
- Force India Maybach
I know you're trying to be funny (reality call: you failed) but Renault had Lada sponsorship in 2010, so maybe you know something the rest of the world doesn't. Anyways, I was merely quoting the most recent comments Marchionne made about the "Alfa Romeo in F1" subject

FW17

Ferrari needs a replacement for Kimi Raikkonen

Apparently he drunk himself to death

Eddie_Temple
Eddie_Temple

We need a unofficial silly season championship... Nico is our first legend!
Welcome to the layer cake, son.

Scuderia1967

FW17 wrote:Ferrari needs a replacement for Kimi Raikkonen

Apparently he drunk himself to death
"Does it mean he isn't coming, then?"
That was a pretty funny The Grand Tour moment, but I was amazed how the Ferrari management, who aren't exactly the most fun people in the world, approved Kimi's cameo...

FW17

Don't think that was Kimi

Italiano
Italiano

That was a guy about as tall as Kimi with stuff from the Ferrari store plonked onto him and nothing more. Kimi could never be bothered to do that. :D
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

PlatinumZealot

Hmm.. it is quiet. Too quiet.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Adrian Sutil to Mercedes to team up with his old pal Lewis :lol:
For Sure!!

NAPI10
NAPI10

PlatinumZealot wrote:Hmm.. it is quiet. Too quiet.
That’s what u will get when Bottas start driving for Merc......u go to sleep :D :D :D

FrukostScones

PlatinumZealot wrote:Hmm.. it is quiet. Too quiet.
drying ink was never a good alarm clock.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FrukostScones

RingaDingaDingDong!

BOT at Merc for driving position evaluation in W08:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rl&act=url

motorsport.it
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think he has been the greyest driver over the past years but i'll admit my curiosity is growing in seeing what he can do.

Hamilton's got to get his game up next season. I hope he has learned from his foolishness to think there would be repercussions from his 'party lifestyle' he had this year.
Not saying he doesn't work hard, but i remember himself claiming he needed to focus and let go of things [ including the biggest mistake of his life, ditching Nicole Scherzinger,
possibly THE most gorgeous woman to roam this Earth, because he didn't want to 'commit' ?!, and instead focus on racing ] which atleast returned him into WDC winning mode.
I'm fairly positive that if he would have been almost religious on getting another WDC, Nico wouldnt have come close, despite his tech setbacks etc.

Bottas could prove quite a battle. I don't rate Nico low, but I don't rate Nico Schumacher or Senna Level. Well, I think Lewis is absolutely great but I rate him below both of these
too, but if i had to label Nico, it would be going more towards a Webber and possibly an Alesi, where i'd compare Lewis more with Piquet or Mansell for example.
Still, Nico proved a worthy opponent.

So here comes Bottas, in a new environment, in a WDC capable car, the game is on for him. If he manages to beat Lewis - meaning, he'll become WDC in 2017, then that would
not be good news for Lewis. I think if Bottas is going to beat Lewis, we might see Lewis @ Ferrari 2018 and Vettel at Mercedes 2018 OR they'll risk putting Wehrlein or Ocon in.

anyway,

has there been ANY news on the future of Manor, and Sauber? Any at all?!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"