Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

ME4ME

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Manoah2u wrote:Hamilton's got to get his game up next season. I hope he has learned from his foolishness to think there would be repercussions from his 'party lifestyle' he had this year.
Does he? As far as I am aware, he pretty much crushed Rosberg most of the time whenever circumstances were equal (except Singapore & Suzuka). He already is at the highest level. Also what do we know about his lifestyle affecting his performance? You're being pretty judgemental over what he should&shouldn't do.

Far
Far

Manoah2u wrote:
has there been ANY news on the future of Manor, and Sauber? Any at all?!
I will like if Ron buy Manor and beat his team next year :D :D :D

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
Hamilton's got to get his game up next season. I hope he has learned from his foolishness to think there would be repercussions from his 'party lifestyle' he had this year.
Sheesh, not this crap again. The guy has been on the top step of F1 since he first stepped in to the McLaren. Are people still going on about his life style choices? He's won over 50 GP. You don't do that with a hangover.
including the biggest mistake of his life, ditching Nicole Scherzinger,
possibly THE most gorgeous woman to roam this Earth,
She's a diva and certainly would not be a good thing to have in the background. He's won two titles since they split up. Hardly an indictment of the split.

I'm fairly positive that if he would have been almost religious on getting another WDC, Nico wouldnt have come close, despite his tech setbacks etc.
Hmm, his PU failed on several occasions. Nothing he could do would change that. Nothing. NOTHING.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SR71

Just_a_fan wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Hamilton's got to get his game up next season. I hope he has learned from his foolishness to think there would be repercussions from his 'party lifestyle' he had this year.
Sheesh, not this crap again. The guy has been on the top step of F1 since he first stepped in to the McLaren. Are people still going on about his life style choices? He's won over 50 GP. You don't do that with a hangover.
including the biggest mistake of his life, ditching Nicole Scherzinger,
possibly THE most gorgeous woman to roam this Earth,
She's a diva and certainly would not be a good thing to have in the background. He's won two titles since they split up. Hardly an indictment of the split.

I'm fairly positive that if he would have been almost religious on getting another WDC, Nico wouldnt have come close, despite his tech setbacks etc.
Hmm, his PU failed on several occasions. Nothing he could do would change that. Nothing. NOTHING.
Several occasions? Which several occasions were those again?

f1316

So Bottas to Mercedes seems a done deal:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/botta ... ne-862197/

Whilst he hasn't been as quick as we were led to believe before he debuted - he should be beating Massa more regularly to be in the very top category - I wouldn't be surprised to see him show similar performance level to Nico.

Massa's still a decent yardstick for raw one lap pace on a good day, and Bottas tended to be quicker over the race distance. He was also very solid (if unspectacular) in picking up podiums whenever the car was capable, which should mean he wins some races if and when Hamilton has a problem/off day (presuming they still have the quickest package).

Still, whilst I don't think it's a Hamilton/Kovalainen dynamic, I don't think there's much chance at all of Bottas beating Hamilton across a season, meaning we're relying on other teams for any kind of championship battle this year. Let's hope we have the top four teams (I'm including McLaren in there) on a similar performance level.

Restomaniac

Manoah2u wrote:I think he has been the greyest driver over the past years but i'll admit my curiosity is growing in seeing what he can do.

Not saying he doesn't work hard, but i remember himself claiming he needed to focus and let go of things [ including the biggest mistake of his life, ditching Nicole Scherzinger,
possibly THE most gorgeous woman to roam this Earth, because he didn't want to 'commit' ?!, and instead focus on racing ] which atleast returned him into WDC winning mode.

Bottas could prove quite a battle. I don't rate Nico low, but I don't rate Nico Schumacher or Senna Level. Well, I think Lewis is absolutely great but I rate him below both of these
too, but if i had to label Nico, it would be going more towards a Webber and possibly an Alesi, where i'd compare Lewis more with Piquet or Mansell for example.
Still, Nico proved a worthy opponent.

So here comes Bottas, in a new environment, in a WDC capable car, the game is on for him. If he manages to beat Lewis - meaning, he'll become WDC in 2017, then that would
not be good news for Lewis. I think if Bottas is going to beat Lewis, we might see Lewis @ Ferrari 2018 and Vettel at Mercedes 2018 OR they'll risk putting Wehrlein or Ocon in.

anyway,

has there been ANY news on the future of Manor, and Sauber? Any at all?!
Hamiton didn't win the WDC due to a lack of relaibilty. It had nothing to do with his party lisfestyle. I'm at a loss as to how you came by this idea.

Ditching Scherzinger was a mistake? No it wasnt he is well shot of that diva. As for your comments about her being 'possibly THE most gorgeous woman to roam this Earth' Well im sorry but all she is is a full on Diva who beliveves her ego far to much.
Attractive? Yes. the most gorgeous? No where near. I preref my gorgeous people to have a little less cheese and ham and present themselves better.
She has sold herself out to sell yoghurt FFS.

Gridlock

I'm surprised how many people here have first-hand knowledge of people's private lives and personalities. Are there F1T parties I'm not being invited to?

Just_a_fan

SR71 wrote:
I know you're trolling and I normally don't feed trolls but as it's the last day of the year:
China, Russia, Baku, Malaysia were all occasions where PU issues cost him points. Some more than others.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AMG.Tzan

http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/673 ... nt-of-2016
At last someone sets the record straight and says it as it is!! No more "oh what a brave decision to quit"
For me the brave decision would have been to stay on without Lewis having any issues!
Happy new year everyone
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

ClarkBT11

Sherzinger wanted kids Hamilton didn't, I offered but she said my bank balance wasn't big enough.

FrukostScones

AMG.Tzan wrote:http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/673 ... nt-of-2016
At last someone sets the record straight and says it as it is!! No more "oh what a brave decision to quit"
For me the brave decision would have been to stay on without Lewis having any issues!
Happy new year everyone
what a disgusting sh*t read.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SR71

Just_a_fan wrote:
SR71 wrote:
I know you're trolling and I normally don't feed trolls but as it's the last day of the year:
China, Russia, Baku, Malaysia were all occasions where PU issues cost him points. Some more than others.
Ok, and since you're counting even the most insignificant of occasions.

Please count nicos. Be fair.

Then let's talk about those starts.

Has anyone calculated points lost had Hamilton maintained starting position?

Is it more than 5? Lol.

SR71

Happy new year everyone
Interesting read. I think it's a fair opinion piece.

My guess is that Lewis has some information about Rosberg that Rosberg didn't want to get out hence a forced early retirement.

I think Nico's standard political reasons which always sound above water are the clue here.

Politicians always wrap themselves in the family flag whenever they are in trouble. Nico's no different.

iotar__

FrukostScones wrote:
Happy new year everyone
what a disgusting sh*t read.
What do you expect? Can at least people bringing this garbage be stupid with their own stupidity?

This is the time for those that can't hack it on track to shine in made up world of post season:
- McLaren is winning races after recycling engine whining marketing stunt
- Hamilton is doing his talking on the track. Every day, in December, +30 million, best car, team orders, penalties-proof oppressed martyr. Fanatics follow with the complete fiction.
- RB has the best drivers, Ricciardo is beating Hamilton and Verstappen's overtake on Ricciardo in Spain is the best one of the season :-)
- Mercedes choosing new driver - there'll be time to comment on it when they announce it.