Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Still out till the second test.

Silly season 2016 going into 2017 is settled now I think. Or are we waiting until Melbourne to start the 2017 2018 thread?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dren

Just do it!
Honda!

FrukostScones

ALO to replace BOT mid-season. or at least Palmer maybe :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

godlameroso

Heard it here first, Giovinazzi to Haas in place of Magnussen at some point, once Wherlein settles in at Sauber. Tonio is too high a prize to let go for Ferrari, and if Magnussen keeps trying to be crowned 2017 crashtor it's likely to happen.
Saishū kōnā

jonas_linder
jonas_linder

:wtf:

daniellammers
daniellammers

godlameroso wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 17:03
Heard it here first, Giovinazzi to Haas in place of Magnussen at some point, once Wherlein settles in at Sauber. Tonio is too high a prize to let go for Ferrari, and if Magnussen keeps trying to be crowned 2017 crashtor it's likely to happen.
What do you mean by too high of a prize?
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

godlameroso

daniellammers wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 17:14
godlameroso wrote:
His skills and abilities are too good, not to mention he's Italian, he's a dream scenario for Ferrari. If he can mature in an F1 environment he's a shoe in for Raikkonen's replacement at big red.
Saishū kōnā

daniellammers
daniellammers

godlameroso wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 17:17
daniellammers wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
His skills and abilities are too good, not to mention he's Italian, he's a dream scenario for Ferrari. If he can mature in an F1 environment he's a shoe in for Raikkonen's replacement at big red.
Agree.

Interesting situation...
You won't catch me driving a race car that I have built.

- Colin Chapman

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

godlameroso wrote:
27 Mar 2017, 17:17
daniellammers wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
I doubt he will take over for RAI. If RAI costs ferrari the WCC(by mistakes or not being able to outscore BOT) then I see him being replaced by GRO for next year, GIO would only be given a seat if VET leaves for some inexplicable reason other than retirement.

RIP Jules who should be RAI seat right now.

Kimi is done, stick a fork in him.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

FrukostScones wrote:
04 Mar 2017, 18:55
Ron would never allow that, but he's gone now.

godlameroso

He's gone(Ron) but not gone gone, GRO will end up replacing Palmer if PAL gets sacked at all. GIO was made for Ferrari, they know it, but they'll play coy.
Saishū kōnā

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Haas would not give up GRO to Renault while under contract, they would(for substantial compensation) to Ferrari. After the season ends all bets are off.

http://i.imgur.com/BOOC0.gif

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

FrukostScones wrote:
04 Mar 2017, 18:55
No way, Bottas is doing way too well in the Merc, and he's having a good relationship with Lew.
Not only is it contractually surely not possible, but it would also destroy Bottas' career, and i'm
pretty sure the backlash against Mercedes would be so high they might actually lynch Dieter/Toto.
Also Alonso has many uncertainties that is not happening with Bottas.

I do believe it was a mistake not to take Alonso aboard/vise versa, but that ship's sailed.

the only possibility Alonso ending up at Mercedes is if Lewis moves to the Reds, which i can still see
happening in the short future.

It would be a stupid decision for Alonso as there is very much the possibility Mercedes is on the backfoot
and can battle for the win but not for the title, whilst Ferrari seemingly has actually jumped right to the
front. Which would be rather bitter for Alonso, to once again end up in a car that won't give him a WDC
and see his former team take the crown.

As sad as it is, i'm afraid the Alonso saga is coming to an end. Mclaren had to be on the top step right now
to have any chance left for Alonso to make it. I don't see that happening at all. Ferrari is a no go, Mercedes
will have him repeat his Ferrari stint in grey instead of Red, RedBull has no interest in the old boy, and Renault
seems off for a while and quite frankly, wouldn't be grand for his reputation as it would make him 'only able'
to win with Renault, and would make his years outside of Renault a failure.

He should have been at Lotus when Raikkonen was able to win and Grosjean came close to. Alonso probably
would have put that car on P1 more than once, but things didn't go like that.

I would have wished not to say or feel this, as i have lots of respect for Fernando and i think he's an amazing
driver and would love to see him win again, not just 1 race, but a couple atleast.

But the Alonso era is over. It's done. Button has accepted his era was over. Massa did, though he's extending his execution. Raikkonen knows it. Alonso knows it. We could see Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso all out of the game
next year.

I hope that it won't happen, but my senses are telling me otherwise.

the field is going to be vastly different next year, mark my words.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"