Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
scuderiafan

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

dren wrote:He probably wants out of that Ferrari shitstorm
I'd wager it has more to do with living in the UK, rather than Maranello.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

lkm9719

suddenly ferrari forum not working

FrukostScones

lkm9719 wrote:suddenly ferrari forum not working
cause Horner suggested VET to Mercedes???
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Jolle

FrukostScones wrote:
Dejavu Ferrari '91 Prost/Bernard... :D

wickedz50

Jolle wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
Dejavu Ferrari '91 Prost/Bernard... :D
Absolutely and the team does not deserve anything more than this. Gag orders and suffocation is all that you can find at Ferrari.

Vasconia

Some forums on this website are not working. This Ferrari chaos is bringing some consequences. :mrgreen:

Jolle

So, Rosberg confirmed for 2017-18 at Mercedes

ChrisDanger

Perez is being very cagey about his Force India contract. Mallya says it's signed, Perez is yet to confirm, saying he needs to "talk to his sponsors" over the summer break. Renault have not confirmed their drivers. Then there's this:

http://lat.motorsport.com/f1/news/sergi ... ar-801602/

ESPImperium

Looking increasingly likely that Stoffel will be in the seat of Rio at Manor for the rest of this year. Rio has has his funding run out. Also have to say he has been underwhelming this year. Will Stevens and Alex Rossi also in the frame. Suggestions the seat could be rotated between 3 drivers, Stoffel for Hockenhiem, Spa and Monza; Rio (if he can get a few more Indonesian backers for thsses 3 races) for Sepang, Singapore and Suzuka; Alex for Austin, Mexico and Brazil with Stoffel taking Abu Dhabi. This would probably give a good handle on how good Pascal is and how good Stoffel is to him and Alex Rossi.

On Perez, I can see a fit with him at Renault with a Ocon or a Nasr (to bring the team more money). That would free up the seat at Force India for a driver like Massa or a GP2 Graduate. It would piss Erickson off as he has just been bought a team for not too much, and a €25m fee would have bought him a good Force India chassis and a Mercedes powerplant. Id be pissed if I was him.

I see Leclerc in the Hass next year. Gasly if he wins GP2, will replace Kvjat I think.

I can see a bit more of a silly season, as I think Jenson will head to Williams for a final 3 year contract with Stoffel and Fernando at McLaren. As for Sauber, it will be Erickson and a money driver and Manor will see Wherlien for one more year and probably Alex Rossi .

This silly season has been shortened by Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes now. lets see how it finishes.

ChrisDanger

ESPImperium wrote:Looking increasingly likely that Stoffel will be in the seat of Rio at Manor for the rest of this year.
Reuters wrote:The British team’s racing director Dave Ryan said following Sunday’s race that keeping Haryanto was Plan A.

“We’ve got Rio onboard and we’re working with Rio’s management and we’re doing everything we can to secure his drive for the rest of the year,” said Ryan.

When asked if Manor had a Plan B should Haryanto fail to secure the required funding Ryan said: “Yes, we’ve got a Plan B, we’ve got a Plan C, we’ve got a Plan D.

“Of course we have options and we have ideas. But plan A is to keep Rio in the car so that’s the intention.”
Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-motor ... SKCN104105

ChrisDanger

I'm not sure how reputable this is, but foxsportasia.com and Belgian(?) site standaard.be are dismissing the Vandoorne to Manor rumours.
A McLaren spokesperson said: “As Ron [Dennis] has already said, Stoffel is very much part of the McLaren family.

“However, it doesn’t surprise us that other Formula 1 teams are interested in him, because he’s obviously very talented and very capable.

“But with regard to the rumour, it’s just a rumour, nothing more.”
Source in links above.

GM7

Mercedes : Hamilton / Rosberg
RedBull : Ricciardo / Verstappen
Ferrari : Vettel / Raikkonen
Williams : Button / Bottas
Force India : Hulkenberg / Werlheim
Mclaren : Alonso / Vandoorne
Toro Rosso : Sainz / Gasly
Haas : Grosjean / Gutierrez
Renault : Perez / Ocon
Sauber : Ericsson / Nasr
Manor : Rossi / King

Vasconia

ChrisDanger wrote:Perez is being very cagey about his Force India contract. Mallya says it's signed, Perez is yet to confirm, saying he needs to "talk to his sponsors" over the summer break. Renault have not confirmed their drivers. Then there's this:

http://lat.motorsport.com/f1/news/sergi ... ar-801602/
I hope he goes to Renault, it would be a boost for the team.

WaikeCU

I've been thinking about this for days:

Toro Rosso have confirmed Carlos Sainz for next season, but haven't confirmed Daniil Kvyat. I honestly believe Kvyat will soon be dropped by Redbull's program and lose his seat for next season. It will be harsh for sure from where it all started this season and where it will end. I have mixed feelings about this. Some part of me believes there's more to expect from a driver like Kvyat, while the other half of me thinks he's simply not good enough at the moment. I think he still needs time to mature. Hell, the kid is still only 22. We have seen flashes, signs of his raw pace, but it's also marked by numerous mistakes.

For me he has the pace for sure. I'm not trying to be controversial, but I see resemblance between him and Grosjean. When Grosjean sort of came of age at the latter stages during his Lotus period and sort of matured in the hands of team Haas. Before that he was also known for creating chaos on the track.

In which I come to the conclusion/prediction that Kvyat will be dropped by Red Bull and will lose his ride at the end of the season. It will probably be announced prior the end of the season. What next?
I don't think we will hear the last of Kvyat. I could see him getting picked up by Ferrari as a development driver of some sort and how harsh F1 could be, I see Gutierrez losing his ride for next season. He has been pretty anonymous throughout the season, yet consistent. Because of that I could see him have a ride at AF Corse and driving the famous 24h Le Mans in 2017 and joining the WEC series.

That's why I think next season Grosjean and Kvyat will pair up at Haas. Just like Gutierrez this season, Kvyat will get the seat because he's a Ferrari product then and Haas will also get the 2017 Ferrari PU. Kvyat, for me has a lot more to offer than Gutierrez' anonymous drives. Maybe the Haas philosophy and mentality will also bring Kvyat's form back alive. A Grosjean and Kvyat should be evenly matched.

Just my thought.

LookBackTime

Kvyat set for Red Bull Racing split

Red Bull does not intend to renew its contract with Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat for 2017.

That is the claim of the Russian news agency Izvestia, citing the information of a source close to the energy drink company.

Earlier, officials including Dr Helmut Marko and Franz Tost sounded upbeat about the young Russian’s future, but the source now gives a different account.

“Red Bull had hoped the return to Toro Rosso would embolden Kvyat, relieving the pressure on him,” the source is quoted as saying.

“It was expected that he would score points regularly and become an example for (Carlos) Sainz.

“But in the last seven races, Daniil appeared very uneasy against his teammate, and the most recent setbacks seem to have finally convinced Helmut Marko to not renew the contract.”

Izvestia said Frenchman Pierre Gasly seems first in line for the seat, with 22-year-old Kvyat reportedly on Williams’ 2017 shortlist.

Red Bull declined to comment.