Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
iotar__

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

efuloni wrote:
LookBackTime wrote:Williams will have an 'exciting line-up' in 2017, says Claire Williams

Asked by Ted Kravitz after the Team Principals' press conference on Friday if she was closer to knowing who their drivers will be next year, Williams said: "I do but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you!"

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... e-williams
I think this means almost for sure that Massa is out. I dont see any 'exciting combination' with him. Except, maybe, for a possible Button-Massa. I said that in 2014 and repeat now: they are nice guy, old lads. I would like to see them together at Williams. A sympathetic duo for a sympathetic team.
This is what you get for trying to read into marketing babbling. "Exciting" means nothing. Plenty of people (here too) thought that current Renault line-up was 'exciting' and where are they now? BTW Button has not been exciting on track for half a decade and I'm being generous.
godlameroso wrote:Ocon and Perez at Renault next year, Button and Wehrlein at Williams or maybe Force India?
A. You must really hate Williams and dislike Renault
B. Stop making Wehrlein happen. Leave this marketing fiction alone. I doubt Force India would bend their approach of hiring drivers on merit.

So who's replacing Ferrari drivers :D after this perfect China repeat? Both are complete and utter failure. Other option - blame it all on Allison might not work forever. The only question is how many times can Vettel mess up for people to notice lack of clothes.

godlameroso

Isn't it obvious I'm being silly?
Saishū kōnā

OneAlex

Button to reject Williams:

'It is understood McLaren have told Button of their decision to replace him with Belgian rookie Vandoorne next season and that Button has decided against a return to the Williams team with which he started his career 16 years ago'
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/start ... -zl3skk5qm

And instead...

"Is Felipe Nasr one half of the "exciting" line-up Claire Williams has promised for next season?

This is what Ted Kravitz had to say in his Belgian GP Qualifying Notebook, when discussing what the deputy team principal told him on Friday - that she knows who she wants to be driving for Williams next season"
http://www.skysports.com/f1/live-blog/1 ... sip-column

Not that Ted Kravitz is the most reliable soothsayer...

ringo

Can alonso back to renault happen?
For Sure!!

Schuttelberg

iotar__ wrote:
efuloni wrote:
LookBackTime wrote:Williams will have an 'exciting line-up' in 2017, says Claire Williams

Asked by Ted Kravitz after the Team Principals' press conference on Friday if she was closer to knowing who their drivers will be next year, Williams said: "I do but that doesn't mean I'm going to tell you!"

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... e-williams
I think this means almost for sure that Massa is out. I dont see any 'exciting combination' with him. Except, maybe, for a possible Button-Massa. I said that in 2014 and repeat now: they are nice guy, old lads. I would like to see them together at Williams. A sympathetic duo for a sympathetic team.
This is what you get for trying to read into marketing babbling. "Exciting" means nothing. Plenty of people (here too) thought that current Renault line-up was 'exciting' and where are they now? BTW Button has not been exciting on track for half a decade and I'm being generous.
godlameroso wrote:Ocon and Perez at Renault next year, Button and Wehrlein at Williams or maybe Force India?
A. You must really hate Williams and dislike Renault
B. Stop making Wehrlein happen. Leave this marketing fiction alone. I doubt Force India would bend their approach of hiring drivers on merit.

So who's replacing Ferrari drivers :D after this perfect China repeat? Both are complete and utter failure. Other option - blame it all on Allison might not work forever. The only question is how many times can Vettel mess up for people to notice lack of clothes.

Why don't you watch Hungary '06 or Canada '11? May be you missed the qualifying session on Saturday?

Vettel and Raikkonen were involved in 2 'racing incidents' this year at the start. It's hardly a catastrophe.

It's funny that you call 3 WDC failures or boring. Does it make your opinion more factual or is it still a figment of your imagination? May be it helps you convince yourself about your favorite driver being completely useful and really exciting!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Samraj_official

Re: RE: Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Jolle wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Williams invested huge in their 2014 design and didn't do much development afterwards. 2015 wasn't too bad but the setback this year is calculated in, just like 2013.
Expect a strong Williams in 2017.

The only problem that they might face, it that there are 5 works teams next year, who could all be faster then "privateer" Williams. Points will be difficult for most non-works teams.
Well, the 2014s peformance was thanks to an awesome PU and car made to be fast on straights. I dont see such a great work here.
Al lot better then McLaren and Force India, both with the same PU. They were clearly the best bunch of the midfield.
I have to disagree, the only way that Williams succeeded in 2014 was due to Toto Wolff favouring Williams more than the other customers ( Force India and McLaren) since it was then Wolff freshly arrived at Mercedes after handling over Williams' share to another shareholder and also not to forget that his wife was contacted to Williams.......

Jolle

Re: RE: Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Samraj_official wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
Well, the 2014s peformance was thanks to an awesome PU and car made to be fast on straights. I dont see such a great work here.
Al lot better then McLaren and Force India, both with the same PU. They were clearly the best bunch of the midfield.
I have to disagree, the only way that Williams succeeded in 2014 was due to Toto Wolff favouring Williams more than the other customers ( Force India and McLaren) since it was then Wolff freshly arrived at Mercedes after handling over Williams' share to another shareholder and also not to forget that his wife was contacted to Williams.......
In which way? The PU's have to be the same for all teams and even the components the team had to find their own solutions for, were different between the Works team and Williams (like the intercooler and gear ratios). In contrast, FI uses a Mercedes gearbox.

Samraj_official

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Jolle wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:
Jolle wrote:
In which way? The PU's have to be the same for all teams and even the components the team had to find their own solutions for, were different between the Works team and Williams (like the intercooler and gear ratios). In contrast, FI uses a Mercedes gearbox.
Williams sometime got their Mercedes PU software updates faster than both McLaren and Force India and Mercedes clearly Favoured Williams over the other 2 customers and also the Exhaust pipe designs were changed during 2014, but McLaren ran with the old Configuration for that time.....

Jolle

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Samraj_official wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Samraj_official wrote: I have to disagree, the only way that Williams succeeded in 2014 was due to Toto Wolff favouring Williams more than the other customers ( Force India and McLaren) since it was then Wolff freshly arrived at Mercedes after handling over Williams' share to another shareholder and also not to forget that his wife was contacted to Williams.......
Williams sometime got their Mercedes PU software updates faster than both McLaren and Force India and Mercedes clearly Favoured Williams over the other 2 customers and also the Exhaust pipe designs were changed during 2014, but McLaren ran with the old Configuration for that time.....
Is this something you suspect or do you have a source for that? And even if, wouldn't have FI and especially McLaren made a big deal of of this? Williams had twice the amount of WCC points then FI and they even beat Ferrari.

Samraj_official

Ferrari was miserable that year and Force India ran out of cash, you know FI was 4th for sometime during midseason 2014 and all of a sudden Williams and McLaren ( Both of them have Behemoth Budgets and employees) easily outgunned FI during that season......

Jolle

Samraj_official wrote:Ferrari was miserable that year and Force India ran out of cash, you know FI was 4th for sometime during midseason 2014 and all of a sudden Williams and McLaren ( Both of them have Behemoth Budgets and employees) easily outgunned FI during that season......
So... speculation from your side stating as facts?

Samraj_official

Jolle wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:Ferrari was miserable that year and Force India ran out of cash, you know FI was 4th for sometime during midseason 2014 and all of a sudden Williams and McLaren ( Both of them have Behemoth Budgets and employees) easily outgunned FI during that season......
So.....Ferrari was weak throught 2014 and Force India being 4th in the constructors midway 2014 and Williams and McLaren having 500 and 800 employees respectively............as a speculation???? #-o

Jolle

Samraj_official wrote:
Jolle wrote:
So.....Ferrari was weak throught 2014 and Force India being 4th in the constructors midway 2014 and Williams and McLaren having 500 and 800 employees respectively............as a speculation???? #-o
Speculation that it's Wolff's hand behind it.

Samraj_official

Jolle wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:
Jolle wrote:
No it is a Fact not speculation, Williams got some Fresh new "Mercedes Trucks" Replacing their old Renault Trucks and it isnt even co-incidence to see williams performing better when wolff handed over their shares and his wife being a Test driver for the team.....

Jolle

Samraj_official wrote:
Jolle wrote:
Samraj_official wrote: So.....Ferrari was weak throught 2014 and Force India being 4th in the constructors midway 2014 and Williams and McLaren having 500 and 800 employees respectively............as a speculation???? #-o
No it is a Fact not speculation, Williams got some Fresh new "Mercedes Trucks" Replacing their old Renault Trucks and it isnt even co-incidence to see williams performing better when wolff handed over their shares and his wife being a Test driver for the team.....
Yes... you're not going to travel with the competitors trucks... but the bit where the PU is so much better that it cleared them away from McLaren and Force India?