Vettel/2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

How does 2014 reflect upon a Sebs career?

True performance, he's been flattered by cars in all other years
25%
Tough year against a tough teammate, all top drivers have had these
31%
Blip on the radar and he's resumed business as regular
38%
Good season considering Renaults terrible excuse for a power unit and multiple podium finishes all while securing his dream Ferrari drive
6%

Total votes: 16

SR71

Vettel/2014

2014 played well into the hands of many drivers and fans alike jealous of Sebs success for the previous 5 years (2nd place in 2009 is still admirable against the Braun).

2015 brought more unexpected results, without the best car Seb almost dethroned Mercedes single handedly. Without much surprise Seb was voted top driver of the year by fans and team principals from all over the globe.

2009- 2nd place
2010 - WDC
2011 - WDC
2012 - WDC
2013 - WDC
2014 - landed Ferrari drive
2015 - top rated driver of the season + 3rd place

DiogoBrand

Re: Vettel/2014

So you created a poll just to kiss Sebastian Vettel's arse? And here was I thinking this was a technical forum.

FrukostScones

DiogoBrand wrote:So you created a poll just to kiss Sebastian Vettel's arse? And here was I thinking this was a technical forum.
better kiss his arse than hate his guts... love always wins!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

adrianjordan

DiogoBrand wrote:So you created a poll just to kiss Sebastian Vettel's arse? And here was I thinking this was a technical forum.
Don't kid yourself, this is becoming less a technical forum and more like every other fan filled forum on the internet with every passing week.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mertol

He is very good driver but not quite at the level of the very best like Alonso and Hamilton IMO.

I don't see why every driver discussion has to be labeled fanboysim. I'm not a fan of any of the current drivers FYI.

turbof1

Pure fanboyism. This is against forum guidelines:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=5009
Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster.

I'm closing this topic off. We might move it, delete it or just keep it around as a prime example of obvious driver worshipping.
#AeroFrodo