Energy drinks as F1 sponsors

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: will Monster Energy sponsoring Scuderia Ferrari F1 from 2017 season?

the problem is not advertising this stuff.

the problem is parents having zero interest in what their kids digest. As long as they dont bother their parents, are outside (without interest where) they dont care.
usually, this comes with slamming some bucks in their hands and giving them stuff they shouldnt have to begin with.

Companies [that includes schools] take advantage [read:abuse] of this and give them anything to take their money.

Kids have zero interest in what brand Rossi has on his motorbike or helmet. They see it in the supermarket anyway. The only thing they're dealing with is how much money
that have and are willing to spend on. They are bored beyond recognition and fill their empty lives by 'feasting' on a drink and a bite. These energy drink binging once started
when kids concidered kids drinking this was cool because normally kids didnt drink this crap. If i recall correctly, RedBull originally had a message that it was not for kids and
that it was for what, 18+? and only for sporting. Somehow, it gained momentum and now its concidered 'normal lifestyle' and if you dont do it, you are odd.

They're filled with sweeteners and flavours so the kids think its like limonade. Meanwhile their stomaches get filled with pure poison.

So again, the problem is not with advertising. As if kids today actually pay attention to this stuff. Its rather the foolish dumbass parents seeing something on TV and buying it
for their kids because they have the totally wrong hipster idea that they want to be 'cool hip parents' instead of what they should do: think and be wise and guide them.

however, i dont really see how all this is so shocking and such a discussion point in F1, go and look at any NASCAR, Indy, Champcar, whatever USA race and there are cars and walls covered with it.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

donskar

F1 -- especially the smaller teams -- need sponsorship. Desperately. If a company/product is NOT banned, then it should be OK to accept it. I am all for alcohol/liquor sponsorship, because those companies can advertise in print and electronic media. Should we attack Sauber because they have (or had) Oerlikon as a sponsor? (Among other things, Oerlikon produces some very nice automatic cannons). Come on guys, grow up. Why should F1 ban products that are allowed to LEGALLY advertise in other media? Will keeping "energy drinks out of F1 cut their sales? NO. They will just redirect their ad budgets to other areas.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

FrukostScones

The doctors go on to explain that acute hepatitis was most likely induced by the excessive intake of vitamin B3, also known as niacin.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/313849.php
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

adrianjordan

Hang on, energy drink advertising is being banned??

Where does that leave Red Bull Racing??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

Aston Martin Racing lol.

but Energy Drink advertising surely won't be banned, come on.

Meanwhile, RedBull also has RedBull Cola, and if they want, they can simply make a RB Beverage that is NOT an energy drink, but has the taste of RB.

So they won't have to change anything, they dont need to change colors, all they have to do is do what they do at Toro Rosso for example, slam 'COLA' on the rear wing and done.

Meanwhile, Red Bull Racing is a team, not a definative sponsor. It's not RedBull Milton Keynes Racing Team, for example.

it COULD become Aston Martin RedBull Racing team.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jersey Tom

Re: Energy drinks as F1 sponsors

This thread is a bit silly. Energy drinks are poison? Cmon, man.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

FrukostScones

Jersey Tom wrote:This thread is a bit silly. Energy drinks are poison? Cmon, man.
truth hurts

Jersey Tom

Well I'll keep enjoying my poison then. Hopefully it'll kill me sooner rather than later and I won't have to keep reading threads like these.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

FrukostScones

Jersey Tom wrote:Well I'll keep enjoying my poison then. Hopefully it'll kill me sooner rather than later and I won't have to keep reading threads like these.
Enjoy!

DiogoBrand

I'd love to see tobacco sponsorship back on F1, at least when it happened, a s***load of money was pumped into the sport, not to mention the cool liveries. :D

godlameroso

Manoah2u wrote:Aston Martin Racing lol.

Meanwhile, RedBull also has RedBull Cola, and if they want, they can simply make a RB Beverage that is NOT an energy drink, but has the taste of RB.

So they won't have to change anything, they dont need to change colors, all they have to do is do what they do at Toro Rosso for example, slam 'COLA' on the rear wing and done.

Meanwhile, Red Bull Racing is a team, not a definative sponsor. It's not RedBull Milton Keynes Racing Team, for example.

Decaf Red Bull? What's the point?

I always thought that the caffeine and stuff was a secondary effect, and the intense urge to urinate was the actual benefit of Red Bull in keeping me awake. Works great on those long 1,200km road trips, as you struggle to maintain your composure between rest stops.
Saishū kōnā

mclaren111

DiogoBrand:
I'd love to see tobacco sponsorship back on F1, at least when it happened, a s***load of money was pumped into the sport, not to mention the cool liveries. :D
Completely agree with you :D :D

Even with all this banning of tobacco their is an increase every year in young people taking up smoking.

People will do what they want to do !!

Cold Fussion

mclaren111 wrote:DiogoBrand:
Completely agree with you :D :D

Even with all this banning of tobacco their is an increase every year in young people taking up smoking.

People will do what they want to do !!
Citation Needed.

adrianjordan

godlameroso wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Aston Martin Racing lol.

Decaf Red Bull? What's the point?

I always thought that the caffeine and stuff was a secondary effect, and the intense urge to urinate was the actual benefit of Red Bull in keeping me awake. Works great on those long 1,200km road trips, as you struggle to maintain your composure between rest stops.
That's the caffeine making you need to pee!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

DiogoBrand

I find it kind of sad to see that we've reached such an annoying level of "politically correct" and health and safety stuff that people even find energy drink sponsorships on sports worthy of being banned.
Seriously, it's as every person in the world has lost the ability to make decisions on their own, and now everyone's like "oh, there's a cigarette brand on that racing car, that means I should smoke cigarettes". Not to mention how easy it is to make someone "feel offended", even if you don't even remotely mean to.

Maybe it's time everyone takes back responsability for their acts: if you smoke and turn your lungs into manure, don't blame it on a racing car. If you suffer an accident while racing at 300kph, accept that you knew the risks.

The only thing that comes to mind to explain such irritating behaviour today is that the current generation has nothing more important to worry about than feeling offended by random stuff and blaming your bad decisions on other people.