Jos the boss, what a good manager!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

Jos the boss, what a good manager!

According to Marca, Jos made an awesome move.

After Rusia Q2 Max received a reprimand from RBR because he was asked to let the RBR cars enter Q3 as they were struggling. He disobeyed the TO (not a surprise actually)

But when they (Max and Jos) were receiving the reprimand from Tost after qualifying, Jos said it was Max who should be driving a RBR car, adding if he was not doing exactly that soon, he could sign in with Ferrari at any moment.

Next day (race), Kvyat provided the perfect excuse for them to put Max on RBR. So basically Jos turned a reprimand into a promotion. That´s what I call a great manager!

Also notice RBR keep using STR as a squire team, providing direct orders to STR drivers.

Sorry but it´s spanish
http://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp- ... b4629.html

Jolle

Re: Jos the boss, what a good manager!

A nice (Spanish) explanation why Max was promoted so quickly (and not Carlos), but complete BS.

Jos is a very good driver and a very motivated dad, but not a manager, far from it. He's a good coach.

I think if he threatened Dr Marko in any way the article projects, Max would be fired on the spot.
RedBull doesn't do driver swapping or choosing on contract or threats. They do it on data, projected development, etc etc.

Last year Max showed he had balls, this year, the first few races he showed he could race without mistakes. His development is so steep and kvyats wasn't (anymore). The Russian GP just made it more clear (plus, you don't want to piss off the Russians before the race).

Furthermore, with the hiring of John Booth and the reorganization of STR right after Max leaving for RBR, there was so much more to this story then a bullying Jos.

wesley123

Regarding the Ferrari threat: When has Ferrari ever had a rookie in their car? I can't think of someone. All were very experienced(and over 18). I don't think anyone doubts Max' abilities, but I wouldn't see him in a Ferrari in 2017. Which means that if he did make the switch, he'd most likely be a Haas driver before going to Ferrari. In short; the threat would have extended Max' move to a top team by at least a year.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

TwanV

Begging your pardon if I'm wrong, but imo f1technical is too good a forum for another gossip topic with a cynical title. Have a little faith Andres, CS is a terrific driver with a good future in F1 undoubtely, no need to bash.

Manoah2u

Aral says:- This post has been removed as it is a personal attack on another poster. Contributors are entitled to their opinion and there is no need to get upset if it does not agree with your opinion.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

flynfrog

What is the point of this thread other than to cause more bickering?