help with car identification

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chinook

help with car identification

Hi everyone my 1st post , so I hope someone out there can help . one both side of the bodywork of the James Hunt McLaren M26 the what i believe to be the oil cooling tubes are being held on by some unusual clips, can any one id them and where I mabe able to get them

zorog

Re: help with identifictation

I'm no help at all but this may help somebody else to help you, do you have any better pictures?

Brian Coat

If we are talking about the pipe over the bodywork, my money's on tie wraps ... Other images on the 'net show the car is covered in 'em.

strad

agree Brian tie wraps threaded thru pre drilled holes.
If not they are those clips used by GM that have cone shaped end that goes thru same type holes.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

DiogoBrand

I wish I could be alive to witness the time when zip ties were acceptable in Formula One.

strad

Well of course they would be very special ultra high tech tie wraps specifically designed by and for each team at a cost of $300 apiece
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

DiogoBrand

Yes. Because in the 70's people didn't have any better way to shave weight and improve aero than to use high tech zip ties.

simieski

DiogoBrand wrote:I wish I could be alive to witness the time when zip ties were acceptable in Formula One.

Exciting times we live in.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

DiogoBrand

simieski wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:I wish I could be alive to witness the time when zip ties were acceptable in Formula One.
http://damcdn.autosport.com/editorial/c ... 6429a5.jpg

Exciting times we live in.
Stop spoiling this for me! :cry: