Österreichring 2017 Layout (wishfull)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Österreichring 2017 Layout (wishfull)

PlatinumZealot

Re: Österreichring 2017 Layout (wishfull)

Hmm.. the kink at turn 1.. takes away from the flow, but it is a good way to get overtaking. So I think I will give that a thumbs up. The following switch back to the left is also good reinforcement of that.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SiLo

I really wish they would get this extension made

Felipe Baby!

DM has to go to the Styrian government to seek permissions to use the old portion of the track. I also imagine he would have to seek permission if the plan was to make significant changes to the environment (like the proposed ring extension from 2005 posted above) and I'm not sure how open the government would be to that.

I'm guessing if anything happens it will be adding the old west side layout with a change to the old Tirok Kurve entry to add another passing zone and to cut down speeds through that portion of the track. I would like to see them just add the old west side and leave it as it was but not sure if that would fly on the grounds of safety anymore.

This is an idea I had.

Also want to add I think any of the posted layouts in the thread would be great. I really like the RB Ring I just wish the lap was a bit longer. It is such a beautiful location and I think seeing a little more of it would be great.

SteveRacer

Does it look like they are trying to modify the track to better suit their car?

Vasconia

SteveRacer wrote:Does it look like they are trying to modify the track to better suit their car?
Well, I dont know but its their track so they could try to do it haha.

OO7
OO7

PlatinumZealot wrote:Hmm.. the kink at turn 1.. takes away from the flow, but it is a good way to get overtaking. So I think I will give that a thumbs up. The following switch back to the left is also good reinforcement of that.
I don't think the kink is necessary at all, as long as the DRS zones are well placed. I would have preferred if they returned to the 70's layout without the chicane at T1 and with fast sweepers all throughout. In my opinion RB will use a layout that reduces the impact of Mercedes power advantage.