Bernd Mayländer, winner of GP3 race in Austria 2016

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
proteus

Bernd Mayländer, winner of GP3 race in Austria 2016

Mayländer drove practically whole GP3 race (except for one lap) in his safety car, which meant that GP3 race was a fiasco. How can the race organisers think this is acceptable? It would be much better if they would call off the race and postpone it. It was unfair for the fans and utterly strange, not to mention silly.
Last edited by Steven on 04 Jul 2016, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typos in title
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

skoop

Re: Berd Maylender, winner of GP3 race in Austria 2016

what happened?

Pierce89

that sounds like a total screw age of the drivers, they have to accept the points from that.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Steven
Owner

Race report:
Swiss Ralph Boschung mastered the tricky conditions in this morning’s wet GP3 race at the Red Bull Ring. The Koiranen GP ace started from P5 on the grid with the race started behind the safety car. He remained calm and cool as others around him made mistakes and he took the lead shortly after the safety car came in at the halfway point. The race saw three safety cars but it was Boschung who held on to achieve his debut win in the category. ART Grand Prix’s Alexander Albon and Trident’s Antonio Fuoco were second and third.

More here: http://www.gp3series.com/News/2016/07_J ... rg-Race-2/

I guess postponing is difficult, given that it would intervene with F1 or GP2 then...