August Shutdown in Manor Racing F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mycadcae

August Shutdown in Manor Racing F1.

August Shutdown: We wish to inform you that Manor Racing will implement a two-week factory shutdown from midnight on Friday 5th August to midnight on Friday 19th August (inclusive). The two-week factory shutdown period is one of the initiatives aimed at reducing the costs associated to Formula One that have been agreed by all F1 Teams. In conformity with the Sporting Regulations, we wish to inform you that the shutdown relates to all design, development and production activities, whether this is within our organisation or contracted out. During the shutdown period, we instruct suppliers not to carry out any activities that are prohibited by the Sporting Regulations.

- source manor Racing F1..
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

Facts Only

Re: August Shutdown in Manor Racing F1.

So normal summer shutdown then.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

adrianjordan

Nothing to see here....move along!! :P
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

KeiKo403

Manor F1 wrote:The two-week factory shutdown period is one of the initiatives aimed at reducing the costs associated to Formula One that have been agreed by all F1 Teams.
.....however, a lot of overtime will be available week commencing 15/8, this offer is extended to all our suppliers too....* :wtf:

*i imagine

WaikeCU

You can look at it like it's a 2 week mandatory vacation for everyone within the factory. Even here at my work, we don't have mandatory vacation. Damn lucky people at Manor! :D

ESPImperium

Just a bunch of hand waving in order to distract from what is really going on. Now to decipher from that text to what is really going on. What is really going on is that there is a driver swap going on, and a few other smaller items like some internal restructure things. In other a normal F1 team doing normal F1 stuff.

multisync

WaikeCU wrote:You can look at it like it's a 2 week mandatory vacation for everyone within the factory. Even here at my work, we don't have mandatory vacation. Damn lucky people at Manor! :D
No it's enforced only for those directly involved in the design and production of the car. There will be a lot of maintenance going on during that time.

Vasconia

multisync wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:You can look at it like it's a 2 week mandatory vacation for everyone within the factory. Even here at my work, we don't have mandatory vacation. Damn lucky people at Manor! :D
No it's enforced only for those directly involved in the design and production of the car. There will be a lot of maintenance going on during that time.
So the designers and other people can be at home working on their computers haha. Its not the same but I am sure they can develop some ideas to apply just when the factoreis are re-opened.

n_anirudh

Does anyone happen to know the shutdown periods of other teams.
Will HR/Recruiting be working over this summer break or is it a complete lockdown of facilities?

mycadcae

Vasconia wrote:
multisync wrote:
So the designers and other people can be at home working on their computers haha. Its not the same but I am sure they can develop some ideas to apply just when the factoreis are re-opened.

create work from home, " SAVE TIME AND COST"
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

multisync

Vasconia wrote:
multisync wrote:
Easier said than done as everything on the car has to be seen as part of the whole. The WT computational and cad data is centrally stored and those servers are monitored by FIA plus the teams wouldn't really want sensitive information out of the gates because of industrial espionage . So whilst no doubt some meet up for a beer there isn't that much done from what I have been told and seen.

Most of the designers leave their work laptop on their desks and some actually have a holiday believe it or not.Which actually makes sense if you think about the logistics.