VES about VIL, "he killed someone"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Andres125sx

VES about VIL, "he killed someone"

Ok, this is what I´d define as going way too far. Verstappen replied Villeneuve after belgium GP and said
Verstappen wrote:He should watch a little with his statements that someone dies, because he himself has killed someone
He was refering to Australia 2001 accident when a wheel of Villeneuve car went loose at the accident and killed a marshal

He added
Verstappen wrote:He has to look at himself. I think what he says is not respectful to the family of the deceased marshal
Personally I think this is WAY more irrespectful than what Jaques said. Jaques accident was a very unlucky accident, he can´t be pointed as responsible of the marshal death, so reminding this as if he wouldn´t be qualified to criticize dangerous maneouvers IMHO is going way too far and using someone´s death to your own benefit :wtf:

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/vers ... tory.shtml

wesley123

Re: VES about VIL, "he killed someone"

It would be disappointing to see his career go down the drain just because he has the same personality as his father
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Fulcrum

I'm going to quote Max directly, and then add on a few words of my own.

Max should watch a little with his statements, otherwise they might constitute defamation.

Technically, slander.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/slander

Manoah2u

oh dear, an entire thread to criticise yet in another way mr Verstappen. is this F1tabliod now?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jolle

Although I agree with Villeneuve, with all his comments he is asking for a nasty response after a while. He just keeps firering negative comments on everything that is happening in F1 since he was fired a couple of times from F1.

If I was Verstappen I would of left it with: F@ck off Villeneuve, in his face, like they did 20 years ago, like they (according to Jacques himself) did back then.

ClarkBT11

Manoah2u wrote:oh dear, an entire thread to criticise yet in another way mr Verstappen. is this F1tabliod now?
Who doesn't get criticised on this site?

Andres125sx

Manoah2u wrote:oh dear, an entire thread to criticise yet in another way mr Verstappen. is this F1tabliod now?
So you think what he said is normal?

Andres125sx

ClarkBT11 wrote:
Who doesn't get criticised on the internet?
Fixed that for you :mrgreen:

Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:
where did i say that?

edit: do show me the actual interview him literally saying that and not some media frenzy to twist words into something more clicbait worthy...

the dutch article, of which i dont know if it was literal or still delibarate phrasing,

states Max said this
"Hij moet een beetje opletten met zijn uitspraken dat er iemand doodgaat, want hij heeft zelf iemand doodgereden. Hij moet naar zichzelf kijken. Ik vind wat hij zegt niet respectvol naar de familie van de overleden marshall"
context is important to concider also heat of the moment, and language.
i do agree however that if htat is really what he said, that he needs to learn speaking more politically correct.

it does seem Max inherited his fathers' steamy behaviour, which is a bad thing.
of all things, Jos is the one whom actually drove into Max'Mother delibaretly.....

i do feel like that Max seemed a bit more 'under control' when his Dad guided him more. Perhaps it's time for
a bit of political assessment training for max.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 02 Sep 2016, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Shrieker

Oh, the arrogance...

The difference is, someone died in Villeneuve's crash because the car ahead had a technical problem and that's what caused the crash. Whereas with Verstappen, he makes conscious decisions risking himself and others. Turns out he's a text book *****. The apple don't fall far from the tree, then.
Last edited by Steven on 02 Sep 2016, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to swear
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

turbof1

Manoah2u wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
where did i say that?

edit: do show me the actual interview him literally saying that and not some media frenzy to twist words into something more clicbait worthy...
Although I really have my reservations about giving any attention to these kind of threads, he did say it. Here is a source;
http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/whit ... tory.shtml

edit: nvm, you found a source yourself. So he did say it in Dutch in the original interview?

Also, keep it clean guys. These kind of topics have a tendency to get the best warmongering fan out of each member. We are currently debating about what we really are going to do with such a thread.

(Good grief, what has he done... . Starting a smear campaign with none other than Jack Villeneuve. It's going to be tabloid level for weeks to come.)
#AeroFrodo

ChrisDanger

I personally pay no attention to anything Villeneuve says. I have no idea why he seems to crop up so often in the press.

What Verstappen said is pretty low though. It's a very careless comment, but we can't expect him to understand the gravity of what he said. As someone who's been inadvertently involved in someone's death, much like Villeneuve's case, I know exactly what the reminder can do. Villeneuve has no place giving his opinion on F1, but Verstappen doesn't have to be such an arse about it.

Manoah2u

Jaques has a column iirc so he tends to get an opinion about every race because......he gets paid to give one.
he always has been quite outspoken, and quite frankly, talks a lot of bs, so another bs comment is hardly a surprise.
Verstappen probably got one another critical comment and same old interview probably getting on his nerves,
and then this probably was mentioned and then he gave a really ill informed reply.
no win there for max, i hardly think he actually really knows about that incident as i cant imagine him making that mention
if he knows exactly what happened, but i could be wrong and that really could be a super bad comment.

reminds me a bit of Nelson Piquet making a unrespectful comment about Senna when asked who was the better of the two of them,
he implying he was, as he said 'Im still alive, he's not.' rather disrespectful as Senna's death above all was not his own mistake, but a
likely result from mechanical failure. point is, Max isnt the first to make rather uncalled for statements, probably wont be the last.

in any case, max would do better with some political/media management. too loose cannon at this moment.
I liked his 'if they dont like it, its their problem' comment, as in itself, he does have a bit of a point there, BUT, comments like that dont
do him any good - fully apart from the fact that these actually are fellow f1 drivers and not your average keyboard hater.

please Max, keep a lid on that internal heat building up. dont end up like your father did.

FrukostScones

F1tabloid LOL Verstappen is a fast ---- ---- -----, I rate him high as skilled driver, very high, but his defense moves are blocking and he drives subtly zig zag. Caring a ----about others (lives). Worsthappen will if he doesnt change his attitude kill someone. Maybe himself but mostly those kill someone else. 2017 he will challenge for the WDC with Ricciardo. Hopefully both survive. And of course he got protection. No need for any cm of tinfoil for that.
Last edited by Steven on 03 Sep 2016, 00:13, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Language
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ChrisDanger

Manoah2u wrote:Jaques has a column...

reminds me a bit of Nelson Piquet making a unrespectful comment about Senna...
Interesting thanks for that.

I guess we can just just hope Verstappen grows up a bit, and in doing so becomes a bit less of a plonker.