VES about VIL, "he killed someone"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ClarkBT11

Re: VES about VIL, "he killed someone"

Andres125sx wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:oh dear, an entire thread to criticise yet in another way mr Verstappen. is this F1tabliod now?
Who doesn't get criticised on the internet?
Fixed that for you :mrgreen:
Thank you. I was trying to refrain myself from typing something negative towards Manoah2u and his love for Verstappen. Love is blind.

I used to like Verstappen. Not any more the guy is talented but his actions and the FIA'S are below the belt.

Sonador

This all reminds me of Hamilton making a remark about Schumacher, he said: i believe everything happens for a reason.

The whole "world" hated Hamilton for making hos remarks.

But it is in wich context it is being said.
The media is to blame for this. i agree it is not a very nice thing to say.
But maybe take it with a pinch of salt ....

Never a fan of Jos Verstappen, and these things do remind me a bit of him.
Bad temper ....

Edax

Shrieker wrote:Oh, the arrogance...

The difference is, someone died in Villeneuve's crash because the car ahead had a technical problem and that's what caused the crash. Whereas with Verstappen, he makes conscious decisions risking himself and others. Turns out he's a text book ------. The apple don't fall far from the tree, then.
Schumachers car was fine.
Ralf Schumacher said: "I was on the inside of the track going my way and being careful not to make any change of line. I braked, and suddenly I felt a huge bang in the back and saw Jacques flying over me. It's only thanks to the safety level of our cars that nothing bad happened to either of us."
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/05/sport ... 2.t_0.html

I remember that crash quite well. Villeneuve at the time was heavily critized because it was not the first time he ran in the back of someone.

Still I think this comment of VES is totally uncalled for.

Steven
Owner

ChrisDanger wrote:I personally pay no attention to anything Villeneuve says. I have no idea why he seems to crop up so often in the press.
He is also a commentator for some channel I believe.

I think we can generally summarize Verstappen needs some media counselling