Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Livery thread again!

Yeah about light blue, right? heard the same.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hail22

Has anyone seen this yet?

Credit to: Thejudge13 and F1supernews.com

Has someone decided to give up and start leaking images of the new Mclaren?

I quite like this livery, if the person who made this is on the forums please post some more concepts please!

(If image cannot be seen please follow this link) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4Wh2kwWQAACzGT.jpg:large
Last edited by Hail22 on 18 Feb 2017, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Manoah2u

Yes, i've posted that in the Mclaren thread.

Im growing in my belief that it's actually the real deal to be honest.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Hail22

Manoah2u wrote:Yes, i've posted that in the Mclaren thread.

Im growing in my belief that it's actually the real deal to be honest.
In my humble opinion...i find it to be quite "haunting" =/
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Manoah2u

how do find that livery haunting?

Hail22

Manoah2u wrote:how do find that livery haunting?
To my eyes it just looks as if it was put together by an undergraduate design student...I just don't find it daring or "different".

They could have easily used other design cues but instead chose to remain highly conservative.

I was hoping for something more daring.

Gilles Villeneuve

Manoah2u

Mclaren and daring don't really go together i'm afraid.
Nevertheless, i like it. did you check out the front of the car? i think it looks great, and reminiscent of the marlboro era.
i hope it will actually be this. i'm afraid it won't though.

proteus

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

FW17

What is the thinking behind the pattern of the white?

haza

maybe for sponsors later on in the season

Manoah2u

i must say, that looks pretty awesome, really.

ajprice

I see the blue part towards the back of the sidepod between the white parts as for the race number. A kind of negative space roundel.

Edit. Now that the launches have started, how about using templates/Forza to come up with better versions of the released liveries? I know that the Sauber in my head using those colours doesn't have a gold front wing and splits the blue and white differently...

continuum16

I do hope that the liveries will improve this year. So far the Williams is the same (unsurprisingly), but Sauber at least tried something different and is much better than the past. Not to mention we now have Renault (who hopefully have something good and yellow up their sleeves), McLaren apparently trying something different (orange), and Toro Rosso might go light blue/turquoise. Maybe force India will go back to more of an orange/green combo and then we'll have quite a colorful grid this year.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

GTO99

I guess the folks at Sauber don't know that 25th Anniversary is a Silver Anniversary...not Golden. #-o :P
I think chrome silver accents would have looked outstanding to complement the blue & white. The front wing would have looked awesome esp. on a sunny day. It would have looked like fog lights.

strad

They could have easily used other design cues but instead chose to remain highly conservative.
Surprise Surprise .. So far I think the Sauber is the pick of the litter.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss