Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ajprice
ajprice

Re: Livery thread again!

In other news, the F1 car in Forza Motorsport 7 will be the Renault R.S.17, carrying on from the previous games having the Lotus.

FW17

Torro Rosso Honda 2018

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

ajprice wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 19:26
With the Sainz to Renault news today it looks like step 1 of having Toro Rosso Honda and McLaren Renault for 2018. Time to get the paints out for those two? :)
Sean Bull did a McLaren Renault recently.

https://twitter.com/seanbulldesign

And a variation...

There's a Toro Rosso Honda here too.

lvon
lvon

Hey everyone, here's my first attempt at an F1 livery.

This livery is based on a hypothetical buyout of Red Bull Racing by Honda, with Red Bull remaining as a title sponsor. It features mixes of Red Bull and Honda colors, with the traditional red sun used for japanese racing teams encircling Honda Racing's logo.

The sponsors are primarily Red Bull's current sponsors with Esso switched with Castrol, Red Bull Honda's Superbike team oil supplier. Aston Martin is also dropped as Honda becomes Red Bull's main automotive partner.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

lvon wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 22:35
Hey everyone, here's my first attempt at an F1 livery.

This livery is based on a hypothetical buyout of Red Bull Racing by Honda, with Red Bull remaining as a title sponsor. It features mixes of Red Bull and Honda colors, with the traditional red sun used for japanese racing teams encircling Honda Racing's logo.

The sponsors are primarily Red Bull's current sponsors with Esso switched with Castrol, Red Bull Honda's Superbike team oil supplier. Aston Martin is also dropped as Honda becomes Red Bull's main automotive partner.

https://i.imgur.com/oUAXi5Fr.png
well done, kudos deserved!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

marmer
marmer

lvon wrote:Hey everyone, here's my first attempt at an F1 livery.

Looks kinda like the sugar free version of there drink too personally I like the design well done

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

FW17

You can safely put Mobil 1 and ESSO on it instead of Castrol

lvon
lvon

Thanks for the compliments! I can see this getting addicting very quickly :)

Next I made a concept for Sauber Alfa Romeo, hoping Ferrari brings the name back with this new patnership with Sauber.
Biggest challenge was to fill up the car. Sauber does not have many sponsors, so I had to give more space to the ones they do have in order to make the livery feel more "lived in".

The colors follow Alfa Romeo's corporate branding guidelines, with Sauber's logo and a swiss flag marking the team's heritage and base of operations.

The car is numbered for Charles Leclerc (fingers crossed!)

Carrino
Carrino

Hello, I did some Haas concept liveries. What do you think about? :)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i like them, BUT with the eye on recent las vegas shootings, i don't think a military link through 'camouflage-ish' livery which immediately links people to war, violence and guns is something taken positively, especially if such a thing happens once again, which is not inconcievable to be honest.

hence the first would be the way to go.

don't get me wrong though, i like the green liveries.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

SteveRacer

Did you change the Haas logo intentionally?

Carrino
Carrino

i like them, BUT with the eye on recent las vegas shootings, i don't think a military link through 'camouflage-ish' livery which immediately links people to war, violence and guns is something taken positively, especially if such a thing happens once again, which is not inconcievable to be honest.

Well, I think you are right about camo livery but I did just an style exercise.
I like Haas cars in grey with red touches but I believe if Haas adopted a green livery, it would be immediately recognizable. :)
I didn't change the Haas logo... :?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Carrino wrote:
10 Oct 2017, 22:02

Well, I think you are right about camo livery but I did just an style exercise.
I like Haas cars in grey with red touches but I believe if Haas adopted a green livery, it would be immediately recognizable. :)
I didn't change the Haas logo... :?
i think they're talking about that first A on the sidepods, which is different to what's on the cars now. it catched my attention too to be honest.

Carrino
Carrino

i think they're talking about that first A on the sidepods, which is different to what's on the cars now. it catched my attention too to be honest.
It is simply a cutout of the entire logo :)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Well, fact is, it is different than what's on the sidepods now, so it is logical that people notice it.

yours

vs

'normal'

which shows a clear difference.

any reason for cutting out that particular leg of the A in the HAAS on the sidepods? it makes it less readable, hence the 'comments' on it.