Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Livery thread again!

NICE. most definately! i like that a lot!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GM7

Renault F1 2017 with the BP sponsorship.

Manoah2u

moaaar

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

Are they really going to have those awful fins again next season? I thought they were banned from 2011 onwards??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Moose

adrianjordan wrote:Are they really going to have those awful fins again next season? I thought they were banned from 2011 onwards??
Shark fins weren't banned. Shark fins that connected from the rear wing to the roll hoop were.

Ferrari were running a (vestigial) shark fin this year even.

Nickel

Moose wrote: Shark fins weren't banned. Shark fins that connected from the rear wing to the roll hoop were.

Ferrari were running a (vestigial) shark fin this year even.
while the first part is correct, the second part is not. Ferrari had a blade above the engine cover for reasons of pure legality. There are minimum dimensions for all parts of the car, the engine cover is no different. Ferrari, like many teams, do not require all the space mandated and therefore fill the remaining space with a "legality blade". Williams has had the most striking example of this from fw34 or 35 up to present day, due in large part to their ultra small gearbox.

Hail22

Despite the need for Formula 1 and the teams to adapt liveries / color schemes that evoke emotions, awe etc I sense more conservative designs will appear in 2017:

What would be nice to see:

Scuderia Ferrari:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

HKS

What colour is Ferrari moving on to from their Scarlet? From Schumacher era till now, the colour has changed so so much!
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

MichaelFerrari

Those are too good to be true ! People here always come up with real innovative and bold designs or color scheme, but when the season starts , no cars live up to our expectations. It almost hurts to first dream, and then see what the teams have done. However, i understand they can not do whatever they want, unfortunately !

poolboy67

one thing's for certain, ferrari will not be using white anymore.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

ajprice

poolboy67 wrote:one thing's for certain, ferrari will not be using white anymore.
If they go back to the red with black wings scheme from the 90's cars, I'll be very happy.

Paul

Today I had a dream that Toro Rosso were yellow with splashes of red. :wtf:

GM7

Is this the new Renault's suit collection ? It's still yellow and black yeahhhh :P :o

GM7

Force India F1 2017 :