Camera lenses stolen at Monza mediacentre

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1316

Camera lenses stolen at Monza mediacentre

So few pictures - unusual.
Last edited by Steven on 07 Sep 2016, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This topic was split off from the SF16-H thread for obvious reasons

Frafer

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

f1316 wrote:So few pictures - unusual.
sutton was on strike i guess, and he had his own reason https://twitter.com/suttonimages/status ... 0920092672 that's silly https://twitter.com/andyhone/status/772400371583115264
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

f1316

Frafer wrote:
sutton was on strike i guess, and he had his own reason
https://twitter.com/suttonimages/status ... 0920092672

that's silly
https://twitter.com/andyhone/status/772400371583115264
I guess that explains it!

That's sad though, what a shame.

Frafer

f1316 wrote:
Frafer wrote:
sutton was on strike i guess, and he had his own reason
https://twitter.com/suttonimages/status ... 0920092672

that's silly
https://twitter.com/andyhone/status/772400371583115264
I guess that explains it!

That's sad though, what a shame.
yep, and every one of those it's like 6000$, like a car being stolen more or less.. i am ashamed of my country sometimes, sorry
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

Pierce89

Frafer wrote: yep, and every one of those it's like 6000$, like a car being stolen more or less.. i am ashamed of my country sometimes, sorry
No need to apologize. I feel, that at f1t, we're a mature enough crowd that we don't usually blame a whole country for a few Aholes.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Frafer

Pierce89 wrote:
Frafer wrote: yep, and every one of those it's like 6000$, like a car being stolen more or less.. i am ashamed of my country sometimes, sorry
No need to apologize. I feel, that at f1t, we're a mature enough crowd that we don't usually blame a whole country for a few Aholes.
I see, but it's second time in a row, force india had one of his steering wheel stolen during parc ferme last year.. these aren't the kind of advertisings you are proud of, if you see my point

Pany

Re: Camera lenses stolen at Monza mediacentre

Wellcome to ITaly. Im so sorry man

PlatinumZealot

Pay drivers gotta eat!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

sad that it happens, but one thing to be honest......how do these photographers take care of their belongings?

i mean, if i have these valuable stuff, i really dont let that unattended or unguarded.

'to me thats a tad like leaving a super expensive computer in the front of the computer store to have a piss outside or light a cig and complaining
somebody took it - or just plain leaving your carkeys in sight in public.

sad that it happens, but do people somehow think they're having a picknic in the middle of an abandoned church?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

Manoah2u wrote:sad that it happens, but one thing to be honest......how do these photographers take care of their belongings?

i mean, if i have these valuable stuff, i really dont let that unattended or unguarded.

'to me thats a tad like leaving a super expensive computer in the front of the computer store to have a piss outside or light a cig and complaining
somebody took it - or just plain leaving your carkeys in sight in public.
if memory serves, the press center is supposed to be a secure environment, that requires a badge to gain entry. To get a badge, you need to be accredited, and the accreditation requirements are non-trivial.
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... s_2015.pdf

At some point, they have to leave stuff unattended, as they can't do their job effectively otherwise.
197 104 103 7

Manoah2u

ok interesting, that i didn't know. but isn't it then a 'lot' easier to find out who 'did it'? and one might wonder: is the organisor or FIA then perhaps 'responsible' for the material? (unless a clear sign has been mount) ?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

dans79

Manoah2u wrote:ok interesting, that i didn't know. but isn't it then a 'lot' easier to find out who 'did it'? and one might wonder: is the organisor or FIA then perhaps 'responsible' for the material? (unless a clear sign has been mount) ?
That i think would be hard to answer without more information. Security might have been lackadaisical, and a thief slipped in. Maybe a disgruntled security person, other staffer, or another photographer stole the gear.

The only upside is that these are rare high dollar items that will be hard to pawn off, and are probably ensured.
197 104 103 7

Manoah2u

Must be Helmut Marko then, after the competition is taking deeply zoomed pictures of their diffusor :D
Zoomlensgate coming up!