Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Fulcrum

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

Subject to his forearm's ability to sustain itself over a race distance, etc... I see few reasons why his comeback can't mirror that of Raikkonen, by way of example.

Kubica has maintained a presence in motorsport, as did Kimi when he took a sabbatical. Likewise, he'd return young enough to not be considered over the hill; with significant goodwill, and lowered expectations - considering the 2nd Renault hasn't exactly delivered wonderful results thus far.

PlatinumZealot

It is a good opportunity for Kubica to seek sponsorship from a company that makes cybernetic arms. Even if it's just a strength enhancing exoskleton. But since F1 drivers consider themselves athletes i wonder if it would be regarded as cheating?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stormy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 17:59
But since F1 drivers consider themselves athletes i wonder if it would be regarded as cheating?
Well, if he does that, no power steering for him :-D

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
It is a good opportunity for Kubica to seek sponsorship from a company that makes cybernetic arms. Even if it's just a strength enhancing exoskleton. But since F1 drivers consider themselves athletes i wonder if it would be regarded as cheating?
rules surely wouldn't allow that, and secondly, there is no need for such as we've seen him testing and having no problems. an exoskeleton of such would only add weight and hamper manouvrability in the already very tight cockpit of an f1 car.

it also makes no sense for cybernetic sponsorships as there's nothing cybernetic about kubica. he's all natural, he has no cybernetics, so why sponsor for a lie? i think there would be much more interest for kubica to raise awareness for some 'funds' that help people rehabilitate from grave injuries. offcourse we're not talking sponsorship here, but rather ambassador roles and wearing something on his caps or overalls where it is either free or very low in costs.

Further, Olimp Sport Nutrition is a sponsor of RK, which helped him in his 'rehabilitation' so i don't get why the mere idea of cybernetic stuff is worth for, where it comes from, and how it makes even the slightest sense.

recent interview on his personal "Olimp Sport Nutrition" sponsorship, something tha actually DOES make sense and also explained by himself :

Robert Kubica said, “I am very proud about this partnership with OLIMP. As my personal supplier of supplements over the last few years, this is a natural progression of our collaboration. OLIMP, with their products, has been a key element of my training program and has helped me to improve my physical condition and be ready to come back in a F1 car. I would be proud to help OLIMP to continue building its global expansion as they help me to reach my performance targets. We share the passion in trying to achieve the best possible standards as shown during my F1 test in Valencia where OLIMP products enabled me to meet the demanding requirements of a F1 car. I look forward to a successful partnership.”

The Olimp Sport Nutrition brand is owned by Olimp Laboratories sp. z o.o., a Polish pharmaceutical company founded in 1990. The Company operates within a capital group, which includes Nutrifarm Sp. z o.o., a branch in Germany, and companies in Italy, Spain and the USA. As part of the long-term development strategy, the company launched a Research and Development Center in 2015 - one of the most innovative in the world in the field of dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals. Through continuous investment in research and development, it is possible to produce the highest quality products. This in turn means that the company operates on a global scale and become well known throughout the world.

“The highest standards have always been number one for us. We didn’t take any compromises as a result of which quality would suffer. The best work with the best, that is why Olimp Sport Nutrition strengthens its partnership with Robert Kubica, which has been in effect for quite some time. We are delighted that we can support him in his endeavors so he can permanently return to Formula 1 racing. We are sure he will succeed!” said Olimp’s president Stanisław Jedliński.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 29 Jul 2017, 21:36, edited 2 times in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

on another note, is Kubica's preffered driver number NR.9 perhaps, looking at the E20 he tested here?

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

waynes

PlatinumZealot wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

reminded me of this for some reason

https://media.giphy.com/media/Owjz8xZ6akD9S/giphy.gif

i

zonk

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 21:33
on another note, is Kubica's preffered driver number NR.9 perhaps, looking at the E20 he tested here?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2017-2.jpg
Kubica number of choice probably would be 27(hulk have it now) 87 62 13 ( numbers he raced in karting)

E20 lotus numbers in 2012 9(Rai) 10(GRO)

He was testing kimi chasis in Valencia and paul ricard

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 21:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:
rules surely wouldn't allow that, and secondly, there is no need for such as we've seen him testing and having no problems. an exoskeleton of such would only add weight and hamper manouvrability in the already very tight cockpit of an f1 car.

it also makes no sense for cybernetic sponsorships as there's nothing cybernetic about kubica. he's all natural, he has no cybernetics, so why sponsor for a lie? i think there would be much more interest for kubica to raise awareness for some 'funds' that help people rehabilitate from grave injuries. offcourse we're not talking sponsorship here, but rather ambassador roles and wearing something on his caps or overalls where it is either free or very low in costs.

He still has to compensate. His steering wheel paddles are said to be all on one side only. I mean, he has adapted naturally to point; but even though he might not admit it, there will be times when his weak arm will prevent him from consistently performing at the limits. In a championship fight that will be critical. Imagine the mental side of it too, when his rivals know he will fatigue before they do. No matter the supplements, a handicap is still a handicap and compensation can only go so far.

The ambassador role PR drivel can pass. This is about winning the world championship and nothing else.

Lets face it, cybernetics is the only way he will be whole again. And it won't be a driver aid either once he can demonstrate that it has no superhuman capabilities. No different that pace maker or glasses..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

pure rubbish, cybernetics won't make him 'whole again', it's artificial means. there's nothing whole, it would be driver aid and that's illegal, simple.
neither does robert need it as he has driven tests enough with sufficient laps in various classes and is excelling in all levels.
he has stated in above posts i've already mentioned that his mental state how it was before the crash, so there's nothing lost there. there is no fatigue that other drivers wouldn't have.
the other way around rather, that a driver that has a handicap compared to the rest, is able to beat you, is rather a total mental blow.

every driver puts their steering wheel the way they prefer it themselves. that's programming and preference, i dont get how you translate that into a negative thing for kubica if he clearly states he has adapted to it. you're acting like his right arm is just hanging there doing nothing, not able to even steer. you are thoroughly wrong. it doesn't have the same capacity as his left arm , sure thing. but that doesn't mean he's essentially an amputee.

if your as ignorant to not call it driver aids and compare it to a pacemaker or glasses then really, i dont know why i even bother, especially calling ambassador role drivel whilst he has already abovely shown mentioned that he is doing exactly just that. well, rather believe and live in your own fantasy instead of kubica's own words.

Manoah2u

zonk wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 01:02
Manoah2u wrote:
29 Jul 2017, 21:33

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2017-2.jpg
Kubica number of choice probably would be 27(hulk have it now) 87 62 13 ( numbers he raced in karting)

E20 lotus numbers in 2012 9(Rai) 10(GRO)

He was testing kimi chasis in Valencia and paul ricard
ah yes, forgot that the numbers were still not driver-connected back then.

Greg_OR

So, lets put this this abilities/disabilities things a side for a moment (as Manoah2u I trust in what Robert says himself).
I would ask what program do you expect for Robert for his test day in RS17 - will it be again full GP weekend simulation as in Valencia, or more like dictated by new parts testing?

netoperek

I'd say both. He is paired with a youngster, so it will be up to him, as an experienced F1 pilot, to make an upgrades testing

Manoah2u

I'll assume it will be indeed a full gp weekend simulation in a today's spec f1 car, there MIGHT even be a test with a halo device, who knows. as for upgrades testing, not so sure.
they'll probably make use of it indeed, i mean why let that chance go by, so expect to see a full gp weekend simulation with new parts. so yeah, probably both yes.

i'm sure he's been doing a vast amount of simulation work the past days and weeks, and if they're bringing new parts, surely he'll be testing that in the simulations too so when the actual test pops up wednesday, he's able to compare. well he himself and data gathered anyway.

piast9

Polish media say that Kubica passed the 5-seconds extraction test.

Greg_OR

Not only Polish, I think Italians were first as Roberto Chinchero from Motorsport is in Hungary with Robert.
He wrote that RK passed 5s evacuation test in presence of Jo Bauer [FIA], then he took a walk around the circuit and met with engineers. Kubica commented that the paddock looks same as he left him 6 years ago.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubic ... ta-937147/