Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Greg_OR

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

fans speculate possible Williams seat, Frank had always good opinions on RK and, as Merc engines are there, maybe Totto can whisper sth to push things in the right direction...
ppl are disappointed but appreciate all the opportunities Renault have given Robert

skoop

What happened between Villeneuve an Kubica? Why doesn't Villeneuve like him? Except the obvious Villeneuve hates everyone thing

ChrisDanger

skoop wrote:
10 Sep 2017, 16:54
What happened between Villeneuve an Kubica? Why doesn't Villeneuve like him? Except the obvious Villeneuve hates everyone thing
From Kubica's wikipedia page:

In 2006, Kubica became the official reserve driver for the BMW Sauber Formula One team. In August 2006, Kubica's teammate, Jacques Villeneuve, complained about headaches after his accident during the German Grand Prix; he was deemed unfit to race by the team, against his own belief, and Kubica was chosen by the team management to replace him at the Hungarian Grand Prix. Kubica qualified ninth, beating his more experienced teammate Nick Heidfeld. In the race, he finished in seventh place, but was disqualified after the race for having an underweight car. Villeneuve decided to leave the BMW Sauber team soon after the race, and Kubica's position in the team for the remainder of the season was confirmed by BMW.

Greg_OR

I can only add that this underweight was not a team error but leakage of fire extinguishing liquid, probably if he had known that, he could collect more rubber debris on the in-lap and avoid DSQ (it was about few kg as far as I remember).
Another thing is that Kubica as regular Friday driver in 2006 was often in top 3 delivering better times than his team mates (of course practice is practice but his results were noticeable).

Zynerji

Were the fist fights at BMW during that time about JV/NH/RK or was that NH/RK/SV?

I remember reading a report from that Era that the drivers were pissed of at the test driver making them look bad to the point that it became physical on one occasion...

skoop

Thanks you guys.
Getting pissed because the test driver drives better then you? Better stop crying and step up your game. But it's Jaques, he always seems to be complaining about something/one

marmer

skoop wrote:Thanks you guys.
Getting pissed because the test driver drives better then you? Better stop crying and step up your game. But it's Jaques, he always seems to be complaining about something/one
He does love a moan but I think it might be a Canadian thing Bret the hitman Hart is much the same in wrestling

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Maritimer

marmer wrote:
11 Sep 2017, 14:13
skoop wrote:Thanks you guys.
He does love a moan but I think it might be a Canadian thing Bret the hitman Hart is much the same in wrestling

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Quebecers are famous for their attitude up here

Vasconia

enry86 wrote:
09 Sep 2017, 19:55
So it's Sainz to Renault for 2018 then... I hope a seat for Kubica can still happen in 2018.. how could it play out now, in your opinion?
If the Sainz stuff is real, and it seems it is, I am afraid Kubika won´t race in 2018.

Manoah2u

I'm still seeing Sainz going to Mclaren to replace Alonso.

If Sainz does go to Renault, and pair Hulkenberg, then the supposed talks between Kubica and Williams do make some sense. It would be interesting to see Kubica vs Stroll at Williams, but i don't think Williams is the wisest place for Kubica to make his F1 return. Then again, if he blows everybody away, he could be up on the frontline for a 2019 Mercedes seat. The mere thought of a Hamilton vs Kubica battle in similar machinery is the stuff made of dreams.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

everythingisawesome

As much as i'd love to see Kubica back in F1.... After his Hungary test, everything has gone quiet.
You have to be open to the possibility that he may have performed well in the test with regards to his injury, but not at the level expected for an F1 driver.

Saying that, I don't think we'll see Kubica race an F1 car again.

Greg_OR

Things have gone quiet because there is nothing to talk about until sort of agreement/contract will be signed.
I trust his own words and he told that he is ready, the speed is there as well as consistency and physical shape, he reached the best fitness level ever, better than he had in F1 before the accident.
For now, he didn't fit in the Honda-McLaren-STR-Renault-Sainz puzzles so we must wait, and of course, there is a solution in which he will not get any seat, but it's not due to him not being able to compete at the highest level.

Vasconia

everythingisawesome wrote:
13 Sep 2017, 14:07
As much as i'd love to see Kubica back in F1.... After his Hungary test, everything has gone quiet.
You have to be open to the possibility that he may have performed well in the test with regards to his injury, but not at the level expected for an F1 driver.

Saying that, I don't think we'll see Kubica race an F1 car again.
Laps were consistent and fast, more than enough according different reports. Everything is quite because there is nothing new to tell.

Said that, even with an impressive performance I guess Renault still must have doubts. The comeback of Kubika is still a real thing but not easy at all. Anyway, Renault was the logic destination so now I doubt he can return. I hope I am wrong.

WaikeCU

From what I've read is that Robert is now on his own, since Renault have released him. Not entirely sure why, but it feels like Renault made use of him just for the sake of publicity. When he had tested for the team, social media and press must have reached a boiling point with the excitement and hype. Renault just made good use of the exposure.

Only option for Robert now is either Williams or Sauber, but that's not easy since they don't have any records on performance after his injury.

To me Hungary testing is the last bit we have ever seen Robert in an F1 car, sadly.

Vasconia

WaikeCU wrote:
14 Sep 2017, 14:01
From what I've read is that Robert is now on his own, since Renault have released him. Not entirely sure why, but it feels like Renault made use of him just for the sake of publicity. When he had tested for the team, social media and press must have reached a boiling point with the excitement and hype. Renault just made good use of the exposure.

Only option for Robert now is either Williams or Sauber, but that's not easy since they don't have any records on performance after his injury.

To me Hungary testing is the last bit we have ever seen Robert in an F1 car, sadly.
I do hope this is not true, if it was just f*ck Renault. Unless Kubica was aware of this and he accepted jus to have some expure and show the he is still capable of driving a F1.