Schumi accuses McLaren of teamorders hehe!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Schumi accuses McLaren of teamorders hehe!

haha! look what I found :lol:

World champion Michael Schumacher has accused rivals McLaren of using team orders to aid Kimi Raikkonen in the British Grand Prix two weeks ago.

Schumacher and Ferrari were heavily criticised after manipulating the result of the Austrian Grand Prix in 2002, prompting the sport's governing body the FIA to ban team orders for the 2003 season.

how stupid of him to note that, afraid he would not become WC this year?? What the problem here? Like Barrichello would not let Schumi pass by if they were on different strategies. Those aren't team orders, it is simply good teamwork, respect for one another. :!:

-shr3d-

hey tomba,

yes i noted that during that race and was surprised that there was no mention of it as it looked a very deliberate move by DC to let Kimi through.
My understanding is that Michael was just bringing it to other peoples attention because of the flak he has copped over the issue.
I think if it had been a move between Michael and Rubens then somthing probably would have been said about it.
Then again in 1998 it was Mclaren who were in the hot seat over team orders.
Guess what goes around comes around. ;)

seres tomba

Dr.Dix
Dr.Dix

Tomba: Perhaps you should read Schumachers statement again.

/ Dr.DiX

Steven
Owner

hey guys...
I'm not re-reading the statement for sure, but I know that he was more opposed to the press not noticing it, compared to what happened to him and Barrichello.. presswise.

the trueth is idd it is not that fair, but it is still a long way from letting your teammate pass by, who is actually 20 seconds behind, just in the last lap to give him victory.
McLaren's actions are more like teamwork, so I can understand the difference press is making about it. Letting one pass because he needs to do one more stop isn't quite giving him victory, it's allowing the team-mate to battle for victory

valassi
valassi

team orders

Barrichelo was on light load to be able to catch williams and stop them in order to schumi get as front position as he can ....... :o

-shr3d-

hey tomba,

even though i have always been a ferrari man, i do agree with you on this.
I can fully understand why ferrari did it even with schu leading the championship by so much cause having just missed out for so many years they didnt want it to go down to the last race... remember that without the light shower after the first pit stops in suzuka or mika's engine blow up in Indy, 2000 could have had a very different result.
Still i was as disappointed as most when they pulled rubens over from a superb win to give schu the extra points....
to me though, the worst team orders was in 1997 and 1999 when teammates interfered deliberately in the races of the opposition by slowing them down to allow there teammates a better result. That is appalling...

Steven
Owner

well the last thing you note here sh3d is exactly what velassi said...
don't think it is far behind us, Barrichello knows his position unfortunately.

anyway, we're lucky to have McLaren's and Williams' point of view, because when one starts giving excessive teamorders, it is very tempting for the others to also do so... I support Williams for sure, they let their drivers fight, but when it would come to one point, of course I am sure any team would give teamorders, although they would do their best to hide them

-shr3d-

yeah i did read that tomba but i dont think ferrari have or are using those tatics anymore. If rubens can take points away from them then all good but i dont think they are using him to bring schu into play.....
unlike in the past when all top three teams were involved.

Thupa
Thupa

I'm not sure about that one. Barr always retires at the beginning of all seasons at Ferrari so far, then Ferrari got reasons to stake Schumi for the title. The #2 driver at Ferrari the matter who, will never be a Champ. It looks like that, because this season (at the beginning) worked out exactly like I expected. For example; when Schumi retired and Barr was leading the race he would have got a great advantage over Schumi... Barr retired with a "fuel" problem. And that was with the F2002 car witch Schumi finnished all races on the podium last season... the retirement was too odd, it really was. But let's see if the same story happens early next season too... then I'm 100% sure Ferrari is using certain tactics.

But as sh3d said, if Barr is able to take points away... it's good. But as I see it now, he won't even touch the #1 driver in terms of points.

-shr3d-

ahh the conspiracy theory........i have a mate who believes F1 is a conspiracy, but one against schu and ferrari...........
barrichello did have a fuel feed problem......apparently there was no fuel to feed..........hehe.....not really funny since it was in brazil......
cant wait till rubinho is victorious there......