F1 - Brawn signs deal to replace Ecclestone

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nevill3

Re: F1 - Brawn signs deal to replace Ecclestone

After reading that report on the BBC, I guess this thread is now defunct. Ross is only advising Liberty Media during their take over to bring them up to speed on how things work at the moment.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

PlatinumZealot

This speculative topic needs to be worded to reflect as such, just like the "new car" threads were. Moderators?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Fulcrum

Had to laugh at the wording of the article in reference to Ecclestone.

The 86-year-old is expected to leave in the medium to long term

Expected to expire might be more accurate.

ChrisDanger

In the opening post the Auto Bild is quoted as the news source. I recently read that the Bild is the equivalent of The Sun, a hardly credible British tabloid publication. Is the Auto Bild part of the Bild, or of the same calibre?

Andres125sx

Fulcrum wrote:Had to laugh at the wording of the article in reference to Ecclestone.

The 86-year-old is expected to leave in the medium to long term
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It must be on his century aniversary :mrgreen:

bauc

Fulcrum wrote:Expected to expire might be more accurate.
HAHAHA, you made my day with this comment =D> :mrgreen: =D> :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

elf341

FW17 wrote:What baseless?

Benetton- Teammates of MS mysteriously slow
Ferrari - No 1 for MS
Brawn GP - No 1 for JB
Merc - No 1 for LH

Hope Ferrari uses there Veto on this dangerous move.
Your speculations on Benetton/Brawn GP/Merc #1 drivers are the only baseless thing I see. The Ferrari case is obvious, MS was #1. But Brawn has been repeatedly quoted as saying there was no #1 at either Brawn GP or at Merc.
The only 'for' evidence for the Merc tenure was Malaysia 2013, but Brawn explained it away at the subsequent GP quite clearly.

Hey, I understand, we all have people we like and don't like and bias our opinions accordingly - but should that really stop us from thinking critically?

nevill3

Interesting comment from Ross on BBC radio about how Michael Schumacher's recovery is progressing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04f22d2
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

iotar__

Ecclestone's comeback, he wants 2x 40 min. races #-o . What kind of a rotten system it is where even evil American capitalists cannot fire him? Previous ones (qualification changes, radio ban, double points, KERS ban, standing restarts, reversed grid) worked brilliantly so why not.

Such a string of managerial successes and instead of sending Bernard E. to retirement on the spot they ask tentatively if it would be OK if Brawn co managed. What the hell is going on? Turns out that there's an organisation even more corrupt than EU and suddenly buying F1 is against competition laws in UK? Told you, nothing has changed.

FW17

On Ross Brawn: Ross was in Benetton. He was a helper in the team, like a lot of them. It was the same at Ferrari I said to Michael Schumacher at the time: Who’s running the team? and he said: I am. Assisted by Mr Todt. They worked well and did a bloody good job. Ross was there but he didn’t design the car or anything like that.”

Some serious hate