The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
henra

Re: The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

henra wrote:
dans79 wrote:
SR71 wrote: And the only reason Nico won, was because Lewis suffered, a lot more unreliability. Would you like to go another round, because I can do this all day?
Aaawwww, come on guys....
Page 27 and you still haven't got over it.
Just in case you all didn't notice: The season is over, Drivers Championship is decided and nothing's gonna change that.
It is Nico Rosberg (Arrrggghhh, I really tried but I couldn't resist :twisted: )

I have to violently agree @Basti's point point about Stamina :mrgreen:

SR71

I have no problem with how Hamilton drove the last race, that was racing within the bounds....

I also have no problem with Nico doing the exact same thing, just on a different scale = coming in second for the last 4 races after he earned the right to do just that.

People act like only Ham had a bad race in Malaysia - no credit given to the underdog who was punted off the track and raced from 17th to 3rd. Nico earned those points that day and I can promise you every Hamilton fan was cheering that opening lap, Karma.

Nico stamped his ownership of the season in Japan - the drivers track. He dominated the weakend against an unhindered hamilton and earned the right to finish second (and a third) for the remaining races.

He did just that - raced as slow as he needed to win the championship.

TAG

basti313 wrote:
dans79 wrote: I can do this all day?
I bet you can. Would be great if Ham would have the stamina of his fans. :D
something about it taking two to tango?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Manoah2u

AMG.Tzan wrote:Seems he got over it quickly :lol:
https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/statu ... 8488297472
Honestly, i've thought far before this WDC fight was more or less over;
that chances are Lewis and Nico might turn to become afriend teammates again,
when the pressure finally is off and Nico got his WDC.

The 'rooster fight' will be over and next season, it won't be Nico's hunt for his 1st WDC anymore.
Nico is able to 'relax', and Lewis will realise that 'you can't always have it all'.
Last couple of years, there was some paint scratching and dirty moves - no matter from who's side, to be honest -
so it caused friction and turmoil and upset their initial 'friendship'.

I think now all that 'tension' is off, it can go back to normal, and it becomes a lighter environment.

that is, except for the part where I truly do believe that the problem at Mercedes has 'grown' into something that
is not originated from Rosberg or about Rosberg at all. I don't believe for a second Nico 'convinced' the team to 'steal'
Lewis thunder, or 'con' things into having a WDC. But i COULD be persuaded to suspect that Mercedes whatever the cost
wanted a German WDC. I do firmly believe there are some signs that things delibaretly went into Nico's way - i don't think Nico was aware of that, or whether he knew about that deal.

Point is, the signs are all around that there is more to it behind closed doors and it's not a pretty picture. Lewis' comments on Spain and the 'book' are very clear about it, and because of that, whilst i'm confident the relationship between Nico and Lewis will have a refreshed and positive start next season, the same cannot be said for Lewis relationship with the team itself, i'm afraid.......

Anyway, I want to make some thing perfectly clear though.

I DO think Nico did a great job this year and absolutely don't believe he is unworthy or undeserving of the WDC title and trophy. Even though Lewis has had bad more bad luck, and things have went into Nico's way a good amount this year, he still capitalised on it, kept his calm, and did what he needed to do to get the WDC. I especially think he 'deserves' this title because he tried to get it in a different way than last years, and it played dividends.

Last 2 years, it was clear he couldn't 'beat' Lewis the way he was racing. Nico seemingly was focused too much on 'taking on the fight' with Lewis and fighting him in Lewis domain. Not being able to beat him at Lewis 'areas, he sometimes had nothing but to resort to 'dirty' tricks. Not that there weren't occasions of that this year, but i feel this year was different.
Nico seemed to have grown to a much more stable mindset this year. 'Solid like a rock'.
And look, he's been on it all-year long and not only held the battle, but won the battle against a 3-times WDC that arguably was the more popular figure.

I'm curious on whether Nico will still 'bring it' next year, and how the battle will pan out. If Mclaren and RedBull have catched up with the new rules, then the team is going to need Lewis' more than ever. If they are still/again miles ahead, I think it'll pick up next year where it left this year.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A duplicate2

SR71 wrote:coming in second for the last 4 races after he earned the right to do just that.
You mean after the team fixed him get that right. OK got it.[/quote]

Gothrek

Hamilton has stated that he doesn't manage his own Twitter/Instagram, other people do it. So who knows if this was really Hamilton, or somebody wanting to make the Hamilton brand better.

Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
SR71 wrote: Hamilton lost because he left points on the table.
And the only reason Nico won, was because Lewis suffered, a lot more unreliability. Would you like to go another round, because I can do this all day?
He's trolling, you know that don't you?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
SR71 wrote:coming in second for the last 4 races after he earned the right to do just that.
You mean after the team fixed him get that right. OK got it.
[/quote]

To repeat a conspirancy theory over and over again doesnt make it sound more real, true or less fan -biased.

With better starts Hamilton would have won this champioship even with the Malaysia´s DNF. This is a a fact., just face it. If Hamilton makes starts like the ones done in the last races he could win more easily next year.
Last edited by Vasconia on 01 Dec 2016, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

AMG.Tzan wrote: P.S. Hamilton was voted best driver of 2016 by the team bosses...no Verstappen no Rosberg...maybe they know a bit more Formula 1 than us in here and more than some others out there like M.Brundle and Sir Jackie Stewart for example who were straight to show the world how much Rosberg did this year and how much of a naughty boy Hamilton is for trying every last bit to win a WDC! =D>
As far I know Stewart has criticized Hamilton for the last race´s strategy and for certain comments about the team, not because his performance of lack of right to win the championship.

What is more, no one has said that Hamilton´s performance hasn´t been great. The only comments are that Nico deservers TOO to win this championship as he has done.

Vasconia

Gothrek wrote:
Hamilton has stated that he doesn't manage his own Twitter/Instagram, other people do it. So who knows if this was really Hamilton, or somebody wanting to make the Hamilton brand better.
Common sense(if this concept can be applied to Twitter) implies that Hamilton has accepted to post this comment even though he has not done it personally.

GPR-A duplicate2

Vasconia wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
You mean after the team fixed him get that right. OK got it.
To repeat a conspirancy theory over and over again doesnt make it sound more real, true or less fan -biased.

With better starts Hamilton would have won this champioship even with the Malaysia´s DNF. This is a a fact., just face it. If Hamilton makes starts like the ones done in the last races he could win more easily next year.
We can go all day long on this. Abu Dhabi was an example of what Merc did. You keep looping the same thing and I will do mine.

turbof1

GPR-A, what are you expecting the team to do then for you to feel it to make the playing field fair? Sabotaging Rosberg? Perhaps using the same red button you imagine Mercedes to have, to use on Rosberg? Perhaps even killing him?

The team's sole objective is to get 1-2 in every race. They are not going sway away from that objective because it would be helpful towards Hamilton. Ultimately that means that if there is not a 1-2, everything will be put in place to get the driver who is not in the expected position, back into such a position. Just because that's exactly what Rosberg needed to get the title, does not mean it was rigged or fixed. I really do not know what I or anybody else still can say to get that through that, excuse my words, thick skull of yours: there is no individual preferential treatment going on at Mercedes. The only thing that counts for them is getting the maximum out of each weekend. To the point that the WDC is not a concern for them as long the drivers end up first and second in any random fashion, regardless who had more bad luck.

Abu Dhabi was an example of the team not caring about the individual result, but about the team's collective result. Nothing more, nothing less.

If nobody else can convince you, than perhaps your hero might: https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/statu ... 8488297472 Probable incoming message rambling about how he was forced to tweet this by his team.
#AeroFrodo

notsofast

turbof1 wrote:what are you expecting the team to do
First and foremost, I expect the team to not lie to the fans.

If the objective is to get 1-2, then that's inconsistent with telling the fans they will let them race and that anything can happen. Instead, they simply should have said something like "we understand that Lewis still wants to try to win the WDC, but the team will not help him, because we want the team to finish 1-2." That would have been honest.

GPR-A duplicate2

turbof1 wrote:GPR-A, what are you expecting the team to do then for you to feel it to make the playing field fair? Sabotaging Rosberg? Perhaps using the same red button you imagine Mercedes to have, to use on Rosberg? Perhaps even killing him?
You are simply getting emotional. Based on what I have seen, however limited it is as an audience, there is a reason to believe what I believe. Nothing changes that. To me, Nico won because of reasons outside of racing just performance. Period.
turbof1 wrote:The team's sole objective is to get 1-2 in every race. They are not going sway away from that objective because it would be helpful towards Hamilton. Ultimately that means that if there is not a 1-2, everything will be put in place to get the driver who is not in the expected position, back into such a position. Just because that's exactly what Rosberg needed to get the title, does not mean it was rigged or fixed. I really do not know what I or anybody else still can say to get that through that, excuse my words, thick skull of yours: there is no individual preferential treatment going on at Mercedes. The only thing that counts for them is getting the maximum out of each weekend. To the point that the WDC is not a concern for them as long the drivers end up first and second in any random fashion, regardless who had more bad luck.

Abu Dhabi was an example of the team not caring about the individual result, but about the team's collective result. Nothing more, nothing less.
I have heard this enough and I have commented enough. Nothing more to add.
turbof1 wrote:If nobody else can convince you, than perhaps your hero might:
There is a difference in liking one or multiple attributes of an individual and hero worshiping. I like Lewis Hamilton's driving abilities (as much as I like Alonso, Max and Ricciardo), doesn't automatically install him as my hero. My heroes are not celebrities/sports personalities/politicians.

turbof1

GPR-A wrote:
turbof1 wrote:GPR-A, what are you expecting the team to do then for you to feel it to make the playing field fair? Sabotaging Rosberg? Perhaps using the same red button you imagine Mercedes to have, to use on Rosberg? Perhaps even killing him?
You are simply getting emotional. Based on what I have seen, however limited it is as an audience, there is a reason to believe what I believe. Nothing changes that. To me, Nico won because of reasons outside of racing just performance. Period.
Oh sure, I'm emotional. it's must be the hormones! Someone please give me a shot as doctor GPR-A did not saw through sarcasm. Help me remind me, from whoem did this piece came from:
"Finally...... the DEMI-GOD of second rates is born !!! And he has thoroughly deserved followers too...."
I'm sure this was written while being tranquil and with a mind at peace.

You are not telling the full story on your side. You believe Nico won because Mercedes purposely wanted him WDC, and sabotaged Hamilton. If you want to keep believing that, than fine. But be honest atleast to yourself and admit you have immersed yourself deep with hatred towards the recent events. There are a few others here having suspicions towards Mercedes, but they atleast are able to reason and wing their doubts. I hope in time you are able to see 2016 with a more clear and open mind, once the dust settled.
There is a difference in liking one or multiple attributes of an individual and hero worshiping. I like Lewis Hamilton's driving abilities (as much as I like Alonso, Max and Ricciardo), doesn't automatically install him as my hero. My heroes are not celebrities/sports personalities/politicians.
Maybe hero was not the best description. Let's call it politically correct your 'prefered driver'. Anyway, nice attempt at beating around the bush as even Hamilton finds Rosberg a deserving champion. You know what, good for him. It'll bring back balance between the 2 and allows for some friendship again. Let's not forget they have grown up with eachother. That's not simply erased by rivalry. Even Senna and Prost were able to reconsile right before the former's unfortunate end. I sincerely believe if Senna still lived, he would done magnficent and significant things together with Prost for the sport. Hey, thinking about that makes me emotional after all. Who would have thought.
#AeroFrodo