The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TAG

Re: The 2016 F1 WDC Title Dumpster Topic

FrukostScones wrote:don't worry HAM will win.

And as I thought this was the official WDC final troll thread. :mrgreen: :arrow:
At least it's off of the main thread. Thanks Turbo.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

FrukostScones

TAG wrote:

And as I thought this was the official WDC final troll thread. :mrgreen: :arrow:
sounds disappointed :D
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

TAG

FrukostScones wrote:
TAG wrote:

sounds disappointed :D
It was genuine and heartfelt, off the cuff text can be a cold medium but Turbo knows, moderators always know.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Pierce89

TAG wrote:Personally I'd love it if Rosberg's engine blew up 3 laps before the end of the race; actually I hope he's actually leading the race and then just three laps to go, Kablammo! I'd love to see his hopes and dreams dashed knowing that all the strings pulled weren't enough to sway the results his way.

It will be Hamilton's most deserved victory ever and sales of Preparation H will skyrocket among a certain Interwebz demographic.

But who are we kidding, it's going to be yet another Merc 1-2 with the rest of the team thankful that the slaughter is over and next year they'll have to come up with an entire slew of new reasons to complain about why they hate the new regulations because they're not winning.

And they all lived happily ever after, welcome to the circus Liberty Media. Happy Thankgiving to all, and to all a good night.
Sounds to me as though you've already bought all the stores out of Preparation H. Didn't seem to help much, though.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

turbof1

@TAG:

Big Brother is watching you... Oh wait no I don't want to see that. Stop touching yourself TAG! Gosh, always "tagging" yourself

You see, FrukostScones atleast knows how to make obvious trolling jokes. I believe his recipe for it was one sniff of coke, 2 tequila's and 5 minutes of watching video footage of Margot Robbie, preferable from suicide squad. You know, being mellow but having just enough brain power left to draw away the tension in a thread. That's frukost for you.

A good guy, but don't ask for his special Scones. You don't want to know what he uses instead of the dough.
#AeroFrodo

ChrisDanger

TAG wrote:It's meant only to counterbalance, perhaps even antagonize a little bit those with a nebulous air of hatred towards the one driver on the grid that irks them so.
Okay, so "just trolling" then?
TAG wrote:Did it bother you or are you just seeking clarification?
Can it be both? And It bothers me only as much as anyone wishing for someone's hopes and dreams to be crushed, in the worst possible way, on live broadcast, would bother me. Particularly when you say you're ambivalent. I mean, it certainly seems like you really hate the guy.

I don't really want to drag this thread down, so please respond only if you have to, but also please moderate your bile.

TAG

ChrisDanger wrote:
TAG wrote:It's meant only to counterbalance, perhaps even antagonize a little bit those with a nebulous air of hatred towards the one driver on the grid that irks them so.
Okay, so "just trolling" then?
TAG wrote:Did it bother you or are you just seeking clarification?
Can it be both? And It bothers me only as much as anyone wishing for someone's hopes and dreams to be crushed, in the worst possible way, on live broadcast, would bother me. Particularly when you say you're ambivalent. I mean, it certainly seems like you really hate the guy.

I don't really want to drag this thread down, so please respond only if you have to, but also please moderate your bile.
It's only bile when you don't agree with it, human nature.

I'm ambivalent in acceptance, that things happen in life that are beyond our control, we move on and happily ever after. I've said that my "wish" was that we were in a situation where the winner of the race took the title, why do you overlook that to once again focus on the hyperbole?

I can accept that it's both seeking clarification and bother, but if it does bother you, look within yourself don't blame me.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

He is merely pointing out the hypocrity. Let's not make too big a deal out of it. can we get back on track? It was fun for a while, but now it is time to move on.
#AeroFrodo

GPR-A duplicate2

turbof1 wrote:@TAG:

Big Brother is watching you... Oh wait no I don't want to see that. Stop touching yourself TAG! Gosh, always "tagging" yourself

You see, FrukostScones atleast knows how to make obvious trolling jokes. I believe his recipe for it was one sniff of coke, 2 tequila's and 5 minutes of watching video footage of Margot Robbie, preferable from suicide squad. You know, being mellow but having just enough brain power left to draw away the tension in a thread. That's frukost for you.

A good guy, but don't ask for his special Scones. You don't want to know what he uses instead of the dough.
Don't you think this is getting a little too much of moderation? Unless you want to drive people away. We are just fans here and not some sort of corporate knuckle heads to maintain a great deal of diplomatic behavior. As much as people add technical information, the forums wouldn't really be pulling people in if there is no scope for arguments and expressing themselves. If it was all about reading only technical information, there are many web sites available for that, why join forums for that?

You obviously have made it loud and clear on the race thread, not to discuss the yin and yang of title fight, because of which this thread was born. So, just let people have some fun.

Might I be wrong here, but why do I see you jumping in and shutting people here when they target Rosberg and I don't see such fervor when it is about Lewis? Just saying.

GPR-A duplicate2

ChrisDanger wrote:Can it be both? And It bothers me only as much as anyone wishing for someone's hopes and dreams to be crushed, in the worst possible way, on live broadcast, would bother me. Particularly when you say you're ambivalent. I mean, it certainly seems like you really hate the guy.
I would like to believe you are quite new here and haven't read how people, on every single race thread, were putting out their weird fantasies and wanted to see Lewis crash out every single race. Wish you were born in here a while earlier and expressed your amazing thoughts. I appreciate your thoughts. :|

ChrisDanger

GPR-A wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:Can it be both? And It bothers me only as much as anyone wishing for someone's hopes and dreams to be crushed, in the worst possible way, on live broadcast, would bother me. Particularly when you say you're ambivalent. I mean, it certainly seems like you really hate the guy.
I would like to believe you are quite new here and haven't read how people, on every single race thread, were putting out their weird fantasies and wanted to see Lewis crash out every single race. Wish you were born in here a while earlier and expressed your amazing thoughts. I appreciate your thoughts. :|
Well...

Not sure if your last comments are sarcastic. If so I'm not sure why. I was merely commenting on the ambiguity of one comment spewing bile about Rosberg and another claiming ambivalence. I'm being quite placid here.

turbof1

GPR-A wrote:
turbof1 wrote:@TAG:

Don't you think this is getting a little too much of moderation? Unless you want to drive people away. We are just fans here and not some sort of corporate knuckle heads to maintain a great deal of diplomatic behavior. As much as people add technical information, the forums wouldn't really be pulling people in if there is no scope for arguments and expressing themselves. If it was all about reading only technical information, there are many web sites available for that, why join forums for that?

You obviously have made it loud and clear on the race thread, not to discuss the yin and yang of title fight, because of which this thread was born. So, just let people have some fun.

Might I be wrong here, but why do I see you jumping in and shutting people here when they target Rosberg and I don't see such fervor when it is about Lewis? Just saying.
What if that particular post was not intended as moderation, but made as a silly member? :wink: Nowhere I made objections to having some fun. That would infact be hugely hypocritical of me as on the first page there is a very silly post from mewhich really is not making any sense.

I only drew the line at involving cultures. There was a comment about having tin foil sombreros, against someone from Spanish origin. That person did made it clear he did not like that. It's making fun of someone's culture. I would equivalantly act if someone for instance stated a lame attempt of a joke about Indians working in call centres (please don't take this as me stating that; it solely acts as an example of prejudice).

You can joke around, you can have fun, act as you please, just make sure nobody is being left heavily insulted.
#AeroFrodo

SR71

Subject: 2016 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina, 25-27 November

SR71 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
SR71 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a mistake in the factory months before Japan caused Lewis to fail to win?

Factory error caused engine failure in Sepang.

A mistake at the factory caused Lewis to hit the wall in Baku?

Nope, that one was caused, in part, by a team error in the garage on Friday night.

A mistake in the factory caused Spain?

Nope, that one was caused by the other driver in the team messing up his own car and then dangerously defending an indefensible position.

Rosberg has won on merit many times this season and Lewis has enough errors and own goals that he's equally responsible for his points position.

Hamilton's own goals might be the starts (although Rosberg has suffered from those too so it's debatable how much it's driver or team), but there are enough engine woes in his season's account to more than make up for those. Rosberg has won on merit but not sufficiently more than Hamilton to be in the position he is in.

Championships aren't decided in one race or one failure this year included.

This year, one failure - Sepang - entirely changed the end of season points position. If Sepang hadn't happened they way it did, Hamilton would be leading going in to the first race. One incident has more than likely decided the title.

So back to your opening line - "Correct me if I'm wrong" - you are and I have. :lol:

You said if your self, driver B made a few own goals. When you make own goals then yes 1 race or PU failure can have significant effects on the championship point position.

Which is why you don't make own goals. :)

Which is why you don't give away victories.

Which is why you remember you're in a championship and you play it smart :)

Which is why you don't smash into your teammate from behind, even if he is driving like a nutcase.

Driver A is winning for a reason.

You want to call me wrong?
Please be my guest, after all what you're forgetting that calling this championship unworthy for driver A puts this type of result under the microscope, what you're really saying is 2008 was an unworthy championship ( seems we agree here) Let's add 2005 to that list as well ( we agree here as well)

That would leave us with three unworthy championship drivers should driver A win this weekend.

OR we could all be grown ups and admit that luck matters in F1 and it's what you do inbetween good and bad luck moments that matters. Which is why we have the current points position we have.

djos

Vasconia wrote:
djos wrote:Thanks turbo, you are correct, there's no hate, mostly ambivalence actually, he's consistent and a good driver, just not a great driver imo.

As much as I think Hamilton is a bit of a knob, he's unquestionably a great driver.
I have edited my own post because its true that I was being unfar with you mate. I have seen some many negatives(or simply fullf of hate and despy) comments about Nico that I prejudged you, sorry for that.
All good. 8)

Edit: I really wanted to like Nico, his dad is still a dead set legend in my books but Nico just hasn't done anything other than be a good corporate drone.
Last edited by djos on 25 Nov 2016, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Shrieker

Why this so long discussion. Hamilton lost(most likely) because of his bad starts and mechanical failures. If one or the other had not happened, he'd have won. Everyone knows that. So in a way, he did not fulfill his end of the bargain, or his side of the garage did not with the car. It's just a matter of opinion which way you wanna look at it. As I wrote in the other thread, it was very much like Massa's 2008 season; tho for Hamilton the heartbreaking thing about the failures is that his rival's car was the same as his, in the same squad.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk