No title for Ferrari this year??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
akbar21881
akbar21881

Hello guys, I don't know your opinion are, but if Williams can keep the pace of their car like it was at Hockenheim, Ferrari championships hope is more or less over. He won by more than a minute. Thats what Ferrari did to everyone last year and they won without any fight.

I think Ferrari is back to the year of 98 and 99 and if they are lucky enough, like year 2000. We will see if Michael can win the title with an inferior car. We can also see if Michael can prove that he worth the most highly paid driver in the world. Who knows, maybe after this we can see Michael of Spanish 96, Suzuka 98.

Judging by Williams pace, i think they will be superpower next season. And thats is caused by stability and momentum,something Ferrari has enjoyed since last 3 seasons. With Mclaren sorting out their new unproven racer next season, and Ferrari work all out this winter to produce a radical challenger, Williams will stick with their current conservative but safe and most importantly very quick car. And that means, 2004, sadly for me, can be Williams year.

Come on Ferrari, :cry:

walter
walter

It would be sad to see Schumi lose the title this season, I think he has been running into a lot of bad luck of which none was experienced last season. The situation would not have looked so bad if Michael got second place in Germany. I bet the gap would have been much closer had he not punctured his tire. Furthermore, he knew himself that Ferrari is not as successful on this track as it could be. The car's weakness is revealed in this place, whatever that may be. I think that this year will be Michaels last chance, so he better not blow it. As far as Williams team is going, they have just started, since BMW has extended their partnership with Williams, it should only get better.

Steven
Owner

ah well I don't think it's a pity anyway, I'm not that much of a Schumi fan (not at all actually :lol: ) , but I do like change and different drivers on top.

This year has been a lot more exciting than the past two, and I think it is kind of strange people start whining about this. When it all went well for Ferrari, lots of people (maybe all F1-fans) were thinking the GP's were no fun anymore, and betting was even less interesting.
This year however, 7 different drivers have already won a Grand Prix, which was not even a fact at the end of last season.
Williams is a wonderful team, so is McLaren, and I do hope those teams can immediately battle for wins in 2004. Williams with their continuous development, McLaren of course with a developed MP4/18, probably named MP4/19

akbar21881
akbar21881

I bet F2004 will come out early next year. And F2004,Mp4-19,Fw26 will all have drooped nose just like disasterous Mp4-18. Hopefully we can see a better racing next year,even better than this year. Just remember all those overtaking at Silverstone, they were so many of them.

so I'm looking forward to F2004 vs FW26 vs MP4-19. This season...I don't know.....we wait and see

schumi
schumi

I hope that Ferrari will keep the both titles, drivers and constructors but I think it will be tough to them but however they have the way.

M1
M1

I am feeling the same way with Tomba..

Yes..Schumi isn't luck anymore..Think about it..Schumi was very lucky..
No problem had been occured.But,his teammate's car was very problematic.So,Until this year..I think ıts much better to see problems on Schumi's car!
I think Formula is a passion.We can't be seperated!

Ferrari Man
Ferrari Man

Ferrari will win one of them! :D I hope its Michael who wins!

SpeedTech
SpeedTech

Well like everyone has admitted this year's championship has been much more interesting than Ferrari's domination in 2002. 8) :lol: 8)
So we can all thank the new rules for that variety ( 7 diffferent winner's) this year. :shock: :roll:

Like akbar has said that William's will be in a better position next year because they will not be dramatically changeing their car like Mclaren did this year with no results! :shock: they will be developing what has been race proven this year. :lol: :) GO MONTOYA 8)

Lets hope the end to this season is as exciting as the whole championship has been. My predictions are a bit out of wack but here they are

WDC: JPM
WCC: Ferrari

Confused yet ? :wink:

Beostar
Beostar

I wonder. If you look at the current standings yeah it was more interesting year but do you really think the races were more exciting than last year?
There weren't any front runners fights. Just look at canada the first 4 drivers within 2 seconds and none of them tried to overtake.

Partially the new point rule to blame which causes drivers to settle for second instead of going for the win.
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

cava
cava

Re: I am feeling the same way with Tomba..

M1 wrote:Yes..Schumi isn't luck anymore..Think about it..Schumi was very lucky..
No problem had been occured.But,his teammate's car was very problematic.So,Until this year..I think ıts much better to see problems on Schumi's car!
What do you think about the other drivers luck.
Canada : Raikonnens tire explodes only 1 km of the pitlane.
Hockenheim : Schumi's tire explodes just when he passed the pitlane.
Melbourne : He needs to make a pitstop for safetyreasons because his barge board need to be taken off.
Canada : Both Williams drivers may finish the race with mirrors that can fly away every second.
The championship would look a lot different if the marshalls would be consequent.

akbar21881
akbar21881

2 races to go. I'm not sure whether I can still say "no title for ferrari this year" anymore. last race was enough to indicate that ferrari was back on track. Monza wasnt that cool wasn't? Its not the temperature that caused Ferrari to be competitive at Monza.

We can take Raikonen out of title chase.Unless Michael and Montoya fight until they are in the gravel,Kimi wouldnt stand a chance in his "old" car.

By now I really think we do need team orders. It is fun to see something like Sepang 99,where Michael gave Eddie the race win and battle with Hakkinen futher down the road.F1 is the race of intelligence.Intelligence is a broad aspect,be it manipulating rules( finding loopholes) or arranging strategy( team order) and what ever that will give an advantage.

Beostar
Beostar

I have to agree about the team orders. (Especially if Ferrari come out on top :) ). But as Frank Williams said that if Ralf is First and Juan is second ralf will move over cause they won't loose the championship cause the team mate won the race and montoya only came in second..

I can understand the FIA that they want a fair battle but Team orders are part of it. Thats the basics of the sport trying to outsmart your opponent. If you manage to win despite the fact the opponent used team orders you can tell the world you were really the better team today and won it fair and square.
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

NickT

How much of Ferrari's lack of performance is down to tyres? :?: I can't see them making such a small step in development over last years car. Equally I can see Williams and McLaren are making much better use of their tyres this year.

So what do you think the situation would be if they were all on the same tyre? :?:

akbar21881
akbar21881

If they were on the same tyres, ferraris would have won by a lap and scored 1-2 for the whole season. :lol: