Kimi's Odds @ 50/1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bonjon1979

Kimi's Odds @ 50/1

Is there something going on with Kimi?

Only I'm surprised to see that his odds are 50/1 when he's in the same car as Vettel who is at 16/1. Alonso has much shorter odds of winning the championship at 16/1 and from everything we've been hearing Honda isn't going to suddenly be Uber competitive. I know Kimi has not been scintillating but there is no logic to have such a difference between him and his team mate. Have i missed something?

Big Mangalhit

Re: Kimi's Odds @ 50/1

put a bet on him then

iotar__

bonjon1979 wrote:Is there something going on with Kimi?

Only I'm surprised to see that his odds are 50/1 when he's in the same car as Vettel who is at 16/1. Alonso has much shorter odds of winning the championship at 16/1 and from everything we've been hearing Honda isn't going to suddenly be Uber competitive. I know Kimi has not been scintillating but there is no logic to have such a difference between him and his team mate. Have i missed something?
- You missed last 5 seasons perhaps, sorry ;-)
- Sports betting is the modern more sophisticated version of one ball three cups
- Odd are too good for both, the only Raikkonen's strength was Vettel's and competition's weakness, they collectively wasted every great opportunity (China, Spa, Spain, Canada, Malaysia) Ferrari had. What I'm trying to say is Ferrari lost another season before it began.

bonjon1979

iotar__ wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:Is there something going on with Kimi?

- You missed last 5 seasons perhaps, sorry ;-)
- Sports betting is the modern more sophisticated version of one ball three cups
- Odd are too good for both, the only Raikkonen's strength was Vettel's and competition's weakness, they collectively wasted every great opportunity (China, Spa, Spain, Canada, Malaysia) Ferrari had. What I'm trying to say is Ferrari lost another season before it began.
I just think with a big regulation change there's a chance that Merc's dominance may not be as great as it was and I'm not convinced that Red Bull will be as harmonious as they'll need to be to win the WDC.

Anyway, I've decided to put my money where my mouth is anyway and chucked down 20 on kimi! Might be wasted but I bet his odds will shorten after winter testing when Ferrari do their regular over promising during Winter testing!

Facts Only

They are likely factoring in the usual Ferrari tactic of betting on one horse (Vettel) so if the Scuderia do get a sniff at the WDC championship they will throw everything (including Kimi) behind him.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

bonjon1979

Facts Only wrote:They are likely factoring in the usual Ferrari tactic of betting on one horse (Vettel) so if the Scuderia do get a sniff at the WDC championship they will throw everything (including Kimi) behind him.
Yeah, true. A few retirements for him though and who knows. I mean, look at Rosberg this year just gone.

Probably a waste of £20 but hey ho.

Facts Only

bonjon1979 wrote: Probably a waste of £20 but hey ho.
People who bet on Donald Trump, Leicester City, Jeremy Corbyn and Britain Voting to Exit the EU probably thought that as well.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

FrukostScones

wasn't VET just crowned champions of all champions? So how should RAI win against him :mrgreen:

But maybe if Ferrari build a world beater and VET will DNF-a-lot, then RAI will be WDC. Or not haha.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bonjon1979

If it comes in I'll buy you all a drink.

mertol

Kimi is not the leading driver at Ferrari. Even if Ferrari was by far the best car, for Kimi to win the title, Vettel needs to miss some races from a penalty or injury or something.

Andres125sx

bonjon1979 wrote:Anyway, I've decided to put my money where my mouth is anyway and chucked down 20 on kimi! Might be wasted but I bet his odds will shorten after winter testing when Ferrari do their regular over promising during Winter testing!
Kimi has dissapointed me when he faced both Alonso and Vettel, but yours is probably a good strategy. At least if Ferrari can do something interesting in winter testing, that usual strategy they use wich is exactly the opposite to sandbagging will surely make the odds go down

Anycase Alonso with McHonda at same odd than Vettel with Ferrari speaks volumes about what people think Ferrari will do :roll:

Gridlock

What's Pastor at? :P

FrukostScones

Gridlock wrote:What's Pastor at? :P
it was 500/1.

NathanOlder

FrukostScones wrote:wasn't VET just crowned champions of all champions? So how should RAI win against him :mrgreen:

But maybe if Ferrari build a world beater and VET will DNF-a-lot, then RAI will be WDC. Or not haha.

Think Vettel went out at the first round of Race of Champions.

JPM did the business :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FrukostScones

NathanOlder wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:wasn't VET just crowned champions of all champions? So how should RAI win against him :mrgreen:

Think Vettel went out at the first round of Race of Champions.

JPM did the business :mrgreen:
but the next day...

JPM who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bSI_qgIEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EamyUdqt4FE