Kimi's Odds @ 50/1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Bomber_Pilot

Re: Kimi's Odds @ 50/1

I've just put 10€ on Kimi :)

bonjon1979

Bomber_Pilot wrote:I've just put 10€ on Kimi :)
It's the only bet worth taking at this stage! Only interested in a big outside win. I made over 3k on button with a £40 bet so keen for some sort of repeat!

Manoah2u

Facts Only wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote: Probably a waste of £20 but hey ho.
People who bet on Donald Trump, Leicester City, Jeremy Corbyn and Britain Voting to Exit the EU probably thought that as well.
in regards to prez campaigns, to be fair, i've seen it coming all along it was gonna be trump but that s another story alltogether.
meanwhile, a smart bet in that area is putting money on both. put 20 bucks on both trump and hillary. fun thing is, you easily win back those 40 bucks when the game is done. i made a good buck on that, no kidding. i only need to take 40 bucks of, and the scale of the profit is insane. only wished i put up more money. should have done the tenfold atleast, and still would have made a big, big profit. but well, after the fact.......

anyway, the odds for kimi are not illogical. indeed, ferrari are hardly in a expectable winning format. vettel is their main aim right now, and kimi is at the tail end of his f1 career. not of his talent, but definately in his f1 career. motivational or not doesnt matter, it's the simple truth. if kimi would have been in the mercedes instead of bottas [which quite frankly i would have really liked as much or perhaps in the end even more than seeing alonso there], his odds would have been muuuuch better.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

JPM the champion of champions , that's who
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FrukostScones

NathanOlder wrote:JPM the champion of champions , that's who
yes, he even named his son after VET.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Jolle

That Kimi's odds are lower then Alonso's doesn't seem strange to me. I guess its the chance of having the winning car plus the odds against your teammate that count here. If McLaren for some reason have a title winning car next year, it's going to be Alonso. If Ferrari holds of the competition, its a fight between Vettel and Kimi....

mertol

You might as well burn your money... Or send them to me I'd offer you 50/1 too :D