The problem of the F1 car 2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
downforcemax
downforcemax

The problem of the F1 car 2017

Think with me on this, i think we need to stop this trend!

F1 Cars anno 2017 can almost put all there horspower on the track, in early times the cars had more or the same amount of power but there downforce wasnt nearly as good,

we need much more horsepower or much less downforce, the 2017 cars seems to ride on railtracks, and amount of downforce is so great that your not limited of the skill or balls of a f1 driver, but de horsepower of the car.

look @ brazil 2016 its was not possible to use all of the horsepower and you will not stick to the track like a train. but you need to use youre skill to stay on it.

toto wolf and many others said it alrdy

this is not the way to go f1 needs hero's, and hero's do not get created, when f1 cars stick to the track because the amount of horse power is far to less if you take in acount the ridiculous amount of downforce you have

roon
roon

Re: The problem of the F1 car 2017

Put the back wheels on the front, and the front wheels on the back. Easiest, simplest solution. :lol:
we need much more horsepower or much less downforce, the 2017 cars seems to ride on railtracks, and amount of downforce is so great that your not limited of the skill or balls of a f1 driver, but de horsepower of the car.
This is some good armchairing.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Yeah, things were always better in the past... Even in the past it wasn't as good as it had been before that.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

The_table

Are you a visitor from the future?

downforcemax
downforcemax

Facts Only wrote:Yeah, things were always better in the past... Even in the past it wasn't as good as it had been before that.

its not about the past, it about to much downforce and not enough horsepower.
who cares about the past, we need to have a good future

and f1 cars driving on railtracks in not a good future, if f1 car can almost go full throttle, where is the part that you manage a car ? and try to get it as fast as possible in the corners to the straight

so funny you think its about the past......its about the future

getting more grip with aerodynamic solutions and mechanic solutions are easy to get with the new rules and cfd and wind tunnels

but getting more horse power is so hard with the same 2017 rules

F1 cars are underpowered ground effect monsters.......like highspeed maglef trains....

if i see it wrong tell me, what is good about so much downforce

downforcemax
downforcemax

The_table wrote:Are you a visitor from the future?

its geting worse every years but this years even more because of the easy to come by downforce and mechanical grip
and harder to come by horspower

downforcemax
downforcemax

roon wrote:Put the back wheels on the front, and the front wheels on the back. Easiest, simplest solution. :lol:
This is some good armchairing.
very funny #-o

Facts Only
Facts Only

This must be a record, we are one day into the first test of the year and already we have a thread saying how bad F1 has got!
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

downforcemax
downforcemax

Facts Only wrote:This must be a record, we are one day into the first test of the year and already we have a thread saying how bad F1 has got!

god damn it its happening in the last 10 years but is going faster with this heavy rule change.....

zac510
zac510

We're the equivalent of 3 minutes into a football game and we need to change the rules (apparently).

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

it's even funnier that somebody got member only to complain with this nonsense. whatever.
some people will only find the negative in any thing.

If it were up to some people, then we should all ditch the safety cells and modern tech and return to cigar-racer cars with wobbly wheels and narrow tires, no helmet,
no seatbelt, because 'that' was 'original' f1, 'that was heroism' and 'that was driving'.

when will this sickness stop?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

DiogoBrand

Look at the massive tyres and wings on this thing. Any little girl would be able to drive it like it was on rails without ever losing traction.

strad

Mark my words ... F1 will be the first to pull the drivers out and have autonomous cars.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Look at the massive tyres and wings on this thing. Any little girl would be able to drive it like it was on rails without ever losing traction.
Massively wrong!
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Pierce89

strad wrote:Mark my words ... F1 will be the first to pull the drivers out and have autonomous cars.
Im pretty sure that already exists and is called roborace.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher