This is proper racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
downforcemax

This is proper racing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQV-YjisANM

yeah, baby way more horse power that you need to control as a driver and not much downforce to help you with it

f1 2017 car with this amount of downforce should have at least have 1500 horsepower.

where is the skill if youre car sticks to the track if it was a maglef train.

and did you know toto wolf and many others will tell you the same i am telling you!!!!

roon

Re: This is proper racing

Ha. Four wheels? Amateurs. Real men need only ONE wheel.

Vasconia

downforcemax wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQV-YjisANM

yeah, baby way more horse power that you need to control as a driver and not much downforce to help you with it

f1 2017 car with this amount of downforce should have at least have 1500 horsepower.

and did you know toto wolf and many others will tell you the same i am telling you!!!!
Ahh man , old times!!!. You can feel the enormous power of those beats!!

zac510

So much laptime wasted. Those drivers should be taken out to the motorhome and spanked by the team manager for wasting up that laptime in qualifying.

Andres125sx

downforcemax wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQV-YjisANM

Actually, those cars only provided below 700bhp, way way below current cars :roll: #-o

Senna joined McLaren in 1988, that was after the boost restriction (4bar) imposed by FIA to limit engine power in 1987, wich was further restricted to 2.5bar in 1988
The 1988 Formula One season was again dominated by turbocharged engines limited to 2.5 bar and Honda with its RA168E turbo V6 producing 675 hp (503 kW) at 12500 rpm in qualifying, this time with McLaren drivers Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost winning all the grands prix except one won by Ferrari with its 033E V6 with about 690 hp (515 kW) at 12800 rpm in qualifying. Just behind, Ford introduced its DFR 3.5 L V8 producing 620 hp (462 kW) at 11000 rpm for Benetton, and the Megatron BMW M12/13 was still powering Arrows ahead of the Lotus-Honda. Judd introduced its CV 3.5 L V8 for March, Williams and Ligier, and the rest of the grid was mainly using previous year's Ford Cosworth DFZ except Zakspeed and the Alfa-Romeo for Osella.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_O ... .80.931988

Manoah2u

Also, i don't think you've used enough exclamation marks to bring your point, OP.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

DiogoBrand

That's the second time you create a topic saying basically the same thing.
Go watch a drift championship and leave us alone, please.

ENGINE TUNER

How ironic that the OP's username "downforce max" is exactly why we don't see as many power slides as we used to.

The current PU's are the most powerful race day power plants in F1 history.

zac510

And almost all the clips are from qualifying, which is not actually racing!

gold333

ENGINE TUNER wrote:How ironic that the OP's username "downforce max" is exactly why we don't see as many power slides as we used to.

The current PU's are the most powerful race day power plants in F1 history.
Don't think that's right.

In '85 and '86 I believe they ran 1000hp in race day and 1400-1500 hp in qualy (5.5 bar boost). Are we back up over 1000 hp nowadays?
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

Manoah2u

Actually yes, so that means they ARE more powerfull if you think about all the implemented restrictions.

and what part of "race day power plants" did you not understand?
what do the qually engines have to do with it, that was not up for discussion, especially since current rules simply dont allow that same 'trick' to be executed.
An engine must last 4 or what, 5 races and that's not just the race, that's the race,qually and practice sessions. it still 'surviving' and having those HP figures
is absolutely phenomenal.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

gold333

Manoah2u wrote:and what part of "race day power plants" did you not understand?
I understood it perfectly well. Perhaps try calming down a little?
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

Manoah2u

I'm calm as as a mountain, so i don't see why you need to accuse me of such a feat.
i just don't see how a reply of clearly race engines gets to be compared to qually engines, which were in a era that simply has no comparison.