Charlie Withing relieved of his duties as FIA technical officer

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Vasconia

Re: Charlie Withing relieved of his duties as FIA technical officer

ME4ME wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Same here. He has done a great job during many years but he has become an overcautious man. F1 needs epic races again.
That's an easy statement to make while not being the one responsible for the health and safety of everyone on and around the track. Also you have to consider what exactly is Charlie responsable for, that has been detrimental to F1? The lack of epic races certainly isn't his fault. Also, is his successor likely to be any better? ...just some stuff to think about.
His responsabilities haven´t changed during the last years, but his attitude towards certain circunstances, yes. I am not implying that its only his fault but he has been too cautious sometimes even damaging the image of F1 with endless processions of the cars behind the safety car when the track was OK.

Will this improve with a theoretic change? I dont know, but let´s see what happens.

skoop

Did I miss something? I didn't notice any reports on Charlie leaving.
I don't think that this is true.

Greg Locock

Google news finds one dodgy hit on this rumor.

cplchanb

Who is this supposed replacement anyways? Havent heard a thing about him being involved with anything F1 ever