Who should Honda supply?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rjsa

Re: Who should Honda supply?

Sauber should take and run away with it if it's for grabs.

mclaren111

RedNEO wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:
wunderkind wrote:
Sadly, their best is clearly not good enough.
At the moment :(

They will get it right !! :D And then McLaren will cry crocodile tears for leaving them to soon.

Agree with buying the Manor team and use as test mules.
Blind optimism?

After seeing those same words for three years they mean nothing to me now.
I am an optimistic kind of guy :D :D

Been a very loyal McLaren supporter since 1988 and we have been through worse and came back to win

We will do so again :D :D

ollandos

easy answer GP2 GP2 ...oww no F2 F2 :D :D :D

godlameroso

I'd say Sauber but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with an Audi engine at some point.
Saishū kōnā

santos

I can only see Sauber... but at the moment, i think they want to finnish races rather then being a bit faster.

Singabule

:P
ollandos wrote:easy answer GP2 GP2 ...oww no F2 F2 :D :D :D
Surely F2 engine is a bit exaggerated with 500hp, i dont think they only running half its potential. More like indy.. Oh wait, its HPD!

FrukostScones

It will be Sauber in 2018 and they will be happy.

#dontfuelthehate
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Morteza

Sauber is the only plausible option here. It's gonna be beneficial to both Honda and Sauber. I have always wondered how Honda would have done if they supplied more than one team. It's definitely been a huge disadvantage to them.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

The_table

Sauber...

What would it cost to buy manor? :D

Jolle

A team who needs the cash more then performance. RedBull rather buys a proper PU instead of a partnership for that reason. So, Sauber, since they aren't ferrari's favorite anymore or Force India, which might be logistical a bit easier being located on the same island as former tech partner McLaren.

The rest of the teams don't need financial gains or already steady partnerships.

NYGIANTS

williams should've jumped on board last year and as much as mclaren honda has nice ring to it so does williams honda. plus the weight to win and be a contender is not as great as mclaren. if not my other vote would go to torro rosso.

the question is, if this was before the 2015 season or even before the 2017 tests honda may have gotten a chance to get another team, but as of right now which team would want that power unit even if it were free?

Singabule

NYGIANTS wrote:williams should've jumped on board last year and as much as mclaren honda has nice ring to it so does williams honda. plus the weight to win and be a contender is not as great as mclaren. if not my other vote would go to torro rosso.

the question is, if this was before the 2015 season or even before the 2017 tests honda may have gotten a chance to get another team, but as of right now which team would want that power unit even if it were free?
Yeah, and you will see TR in front of RB and then they decide to switch their name :twisted: offcourse no one want them in 2017,because everybody has one chasis design for 1 year for 1engine. 2018 should be different.

zac510

Manor would have been perfect. If Honda gave the engines to them for free or heavily subsidised perhaps they would still be on the grid. That'd be a win for everyone.

Steven
Owner

zac510 wrote:
18 Mar 2017, 09:48
Manor would have been perfect. If Honda gave the engines to them for free or heavily subsidised perhaps they would still be on the grid. That'd be a win for everyone.
Exactly!

I'm not all that convinced that Honda would benefit from supplying more teams though. The issues they had this winter would mean two teams badly stuck, and 2 teams having to use 8 engines each. Given the problems right now, they'd be more stressed to produce engine parts. And probably also little more information, as both would suffer the same problems and do very little mileage.
McLaren did more than enough mileage last season for Honda to have enough information on what is needed.

FW17

zac510 wrote:
18 Mar 2017, 09:48
Manor's problem was more than $20 million in free engines