Who should Honda supply?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Who should Honda supply?

I say buy Manor's entry and Start a new team. Return of Super Aguri!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Vasconia

Steven wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2017, 13:33
zac510 wrote: ↑
18 Mar 2017, 09:48
Manor would have been perfect. If Honda gave the engines to them for free or heavily subsidised perhaps they would still be on the grid. That'd be a win for everyone.
Exactly!

I'm not all that convinced that Honda would benefit from supplying more teams though. The issues they had this winter would mean two teams badly stuck, and 2 teams having to use 8 engines each. Given the problems right now, they'd be more stressed to produce engine parts. And probably also little more information, as both would suffer the same problems and do very little mileage.
McLaren did more than enough mileage last season for Honda to have enough information on what is needed.
Honda has admitted that they donΒ΄t have enough resources(in F1) to supply another team right now. So the Manor option was out of question, sadly.

SR71

Honda needs to walk away from Mclaren, not supply two teams.

Supplying Red Bull would be the best option for a works partnership. A team capable of winning the WDC with a proper power unit. Yes Honda has to step up, but at least then their partner is also capable of winning.

With Mclaren, we know the chassis will struggle to win even with a Merc PU. We have no clue how the new Mac will handle pressure when at the front end of the grid AND Mac is holding Honda back by not allowing them to supply multiple teams. With Red Bull you always have the sister team to supply and you know all secrets and details will be kept in house. You can also have to "works" teams that can try two different chassis integration concepts, High Risk/Low Risk if you will.

Honda "says" they dont have the resources to supply two teams. This to me sounds like something a Japanese corporation would say after their business partner veto's any such proposal in the first place. Honda isnt going to publicly say Mac is holding them back, but its obvious.

Red Bull Honda has such a 21st century feel to it. I'm tired of living in the golden years of F1...

adrianjordan

SR71 wrote: ↑
22 Mar 2017, 21:52
Honda needs to walk away from Mclaren, not supply two teams.

Supplying Red Bull would be the best option for a works partnership. A team capable of winning the WDC with a proper power unit. Yes Honda has to step up, but at least then their partner is also capable of winning.

With Mclaren, we know the chassis will struggle to win even with a Merc PU. We have no clue how the new Mac will handle pressure when at the front end of the grid AND Mac is holding Honda back by not allowing them to supply multiple teams. With Red Bull you always have the sister team to supply and you know all secrets and details will be kept in house. You can also have to "works" teams that can try two different chassis integration concepts, High Risk/Low Risk if you will.

Honda "says" they dont have the resources to supply two teams. This to me sounds like something a Japanese corporation would say after their business partner veto's any such proposal in the first place. Honda isnt going to publicly say Mac is holding them back, but its obvious.

Red Bull Honda has such a 21st century feel to it. I'm tired of living in the golden years of F1...
No we do not "know the chassis will struggle to win even with a Merc" PU. How could we possibly know this??

Unless you're basing it on the fact that in 2014 a different design team under a different management team couldn't...

Which would be like arguing that Renault can't win because Lotus didn't...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

mrluke

Sauber sounds like the obvious choice but that would mean Honda supplying both of the slowest teams on the grid.....not great PR there.

Jolle

mrluke wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2017, 23:04
Sauber sounds like the obvious choice but that would mean Honda supplying both of the slowest teams on the grid.....not great PR there.
At the moment any team
Supplied by Honda will automatically be one of the slowest on the grid. To not have McLaren all the way at the end, more Honda teams could be a clever tactic....

Vasconia

It seems there is a rule by which a engine supplier which only supplies one team must sign with another team if this team has no secured a PU for the next season.

I think this could be good for Sauber. Hopefully Honda will improve and at least the team will receive an updated engine. Honda should be benefited as well of some extra data.

Sevach

Sauber signing with Honda and giving a drive to Matsushita should at least guarantee their survival, win for everyone involved.

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Chene_Mostert

Poor Sauber... could sink them.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

wesley123

Remember that Sauber is in hands of an investment company who would probably like to make some money here. My bet is that they are aiming for Honda to do a Renault and buy Sauber.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Chene_Mostert

wesley123 wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2017, 17:12
Remember that Sauber is in hands of an investment company who would probably like to make some money here. My bet is that they are aiming for Honda to do a Renault and buy Sauber.
As long as they don't go for the "earth car" paint job again... :o Slow and ugly!
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

marmer

FrukostScones wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2017, 17:26
Chene_Mostert wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2017, 17:21
FrukostScones wrote: ↑
30 Apr 2017, 17:20

how?
^
^
expand pls.
don't see Honda being to bad for them. they had a current engine last year and seemed to be worse than manor.
only out scored them on the madness of Brazil and this year they aren't exactly in the mid field are they