Stop picking on Jacques damnit!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Stop picking on Jacques damnit!

Damn I can't stand this anymore, it looks like everybody wants their say about Jacques, that he's at BAR for the money, that he is a bad driver, can't manage to get in front of Button bla bla bla... :evil:

Djeez Bernie at first place should do better to keep his mouth shut. What's wrong with him? Jacques is at BAR because of his friend Pollock, and the fact that he gets payed that much, is because he could get so much. That simple.

Than this week, magazines were picking because of finished behind Button in the last race. Well I don't know what they all say, but that hero-wannabe bumped into Jacques in the first corner, forcing him to pit and do a race as if he had to start from the back.

Then to close there's that M. Schumacher again, who thinks he's all that. Picking on Jacques because of his results during the latest years is simply unfair... it's not his responsibility that he drives with a mid-field car, and furthermore on Bridgestones, which keeps them all in the back.

I think J. Villeneuve gave a clear signal that he is sick of accusations, by publicly recognizing all damage is already done, and it can't get worse.

joseff

Well Bernie himself said that to "Jean Chretien" lol. What a laugh! Thumbs up messieurs. Tres bien!

adrian13

Viva Jacques!

Yes, I agree. What most people forget is that Jaques won a World Championship. It was with a very strong Williams at the time. He still kept his cool to become a champion!!

He was willing to go to a team that started out fresh in F1. He stuck with this team and Pollock for that matter. To me that shows loyalty. Give BAR time to sort out their car...who knows? Maybe in a couple of years they'll be front-runners...and not just competitors.

Again...VIVE LE JACQUES!!!

a hint of sarcasm perhaps

Isnt life tought! Poor poor mr villeneuve, all these people mouthing off at you for no reason...wait a minute isnt that one of your favourite hobbies....?! speaking --- and sticking your unwanted nose in other peoples business!

You are past it my bleached and balding friend. I dont mean just as driver ON track(when he actually is ON the track and not in the gravel!) but i mean as a drver overall. He cant keep his mouth shut when it comes to matters on other drivers (be it successful ones like schumi , or his team mate - who is supposedly worse than he is! ha!)

He is a bitter old man who once won a world championship in a great car. Almost half of the field that year could have won in it and as soon as the williams turned less than perfect (without the mighty renault) so did his attitude, performances and work ethic! Drivers like Michael, alonso etc... they can turn a bad car to good, never give up, live with unperfect cars. Mr Villeneuve on the other hand takes good cars , races them... wins granted, but then can do nothing with a mediocre car! In the BAR he was down in 17th + last season in qualifying (it wasnt that bad a car) but he cant live with unperfect machines and sure as hell cant develop them!

There is no reason at all he should be paid even close to what he earns! madness! He won a world championship.... big wow! it was years ago, it was a great team/ car and he only JUST won it in the end to a pretty --- Ferrari.
Button is a superior driver, knows what to say, when to say it, can develop the car etc... Villeneuve is a major contendor for "mr Verbal Diarrhea of the decade". He should really think before opening his mouth. He is in no place to comment on how "schumacher is past it" and how certain drivers should retire etc...

Yes he has been unlucky with retirements , but again he is the kind of driver who punnishes his car pushing it too far and himself too far also. How many times has he spun under pressure...or even worse under none! Nurburgring was a delightful race for mr Villeneuve also.

so far 3 whole points have been won by him...we done! Button = 12! but surely, as jaquels said, he is still mauch much better than button! lol
but its not just a lack of points Villeneuve brings to your f1 team, oh no...there is also arguments...with almost EVERY driver in the field...plus huge debts for his massive wage packet....and then theres his legendary charm and wit....bringing much unwanted attention to your team, plus a heap of bad pr!

I can respect the job that mr villeneuve did at his time at williams but since then its all been very very sad! never mind villeneuve , im sure your new nightclub in Montreal will be (semi) successful this year!

Steven
Owner

well I admit that here, Jacques isn't the best car developer, but even his greatest fan will aknowledge this. It's not really the point here!

Everyone who thinks that can have their say now is picking on Jacques, seemingly because he's an easy victim.
It's all about characters, and you can't blame one being upset when having to drive a car that can't win, or even hardly completes a race. It is the same with Fisichella though.
You should not underestimate the guy though when driving a competitive car. I am convinced that he is motivated as no one else to get a race when the least opportunity can be seen in the dark.
He really was competitive from the start against Hill in his first year, and truly kicked Frentzen's ass in 1997. A driver who has already proven he is not that bad as many people believed during that year.

there is no doubting that jaquels is a better driver than frentzen, always has been. the point is that frentzen knows what to say and , more importantly , what not to say. thats why jaquels get the comments, he attracts far too much attention, unwanted at that. Jaquels is far too critical over other drivers, speaks about them and their "failings" much too much. he should concentrate on his driving!

ok, both button and villeneuve have driven for williams on their debut and now drive for BAR. Villeneuve won many races in those few years at williams , and a title....button on the other hand massed some points , but then again the 96 and 97 cars were the best of the pack - easy to win in...the 2000 car was nothing really special - hard to win in.

on to 2003.... button is driving far better than jaquels , a clear indication on a driver on the up from his debut year, whilst villeneuve is on the way down. A great driver can show his greatness in nearly any car, maybe not win, but drive it impressively....but for villeneuve it is not true. Button outshines him easily on the track and from the mouth.

i believe that jaquels deserves the comments made against them, 1) as he makes them against others so "treat as you treat others", 2) he is being outperformed by a younger team mate , 3) is making SILLY mistakes like stalling in the pits in Austria when in a points position & spinning during qual in hockenheimring and 4) he is basically driving the car badly (i have seen him up close in 3 races this year and he made the car look terrible!).

yes this is all very critical but i believe fair as some drivers (michael, DC etc...) take flak when not doing well....he is blatantly not doing well...and hasnt since the days of 97. people should stop judging him on his past and judge him on current performance. f1 is a fast sport , modern ....looking back and acknowledging a brilliant driver in his day is one thing...but that doesnt mean to say that now, this very day, that driver is still as good! people change and jaquels is not immune to this rule. unfortunatley for him it isnt a positive change (except for in the wallet department!).

Steven
Owner

may I note that your supposed "stall" in Austria was due to a gearbox failure, that later in the race forced him once again to retire.

M1
M1

No guys!!!Falseee....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think Formula is a passion.We can't be seperated!

charmendor

I think you are really stupid M1... :evil: :evil: :evil:
I like speed