Honda, McLaren and sauber

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer

Honda, McLaren and sauber

With the recent news that honda and McLaren are near to breaking apart due to poor performance from honda.
Honda pay McLaren to use their engines I assume sauber are paying honda.

If honda and McLaren split and honda want to leave F1 would they still have to provide sauber with engines I would think they would almost stop development as it is now if they do so which will give sauber a massive issue next year

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

SR71

Re: Honda, McLaren and sauber

Honda could have painted their showcase train with their 2017 "works partner" colors.

However they chose to paint it with Sauber colors.

Why?

HPD

Honda will not leave F1..

Sauber Honda 2018
Red Bull Honda 2019
The End

Singabule

HPD wrote:
08 Jun 2017, 22:21
Honda will not leave F1..

Sauber Honda 2018
Red Bull Honda 2019
The End
WDC and WCC with bulls! Or Sauber?? :lol:
Bulls and Williams is still a possible.

wesley123

Honda will not leave F1, nor McLaren. McLaren relies way too much on the marketability of this brand.

If anything Honda will buy Sauber
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Sasha

McLaren drops Honda for 2019 season then that opens the door for a Factory PU up for grabs.
RB and Williams would love a factory deal!

And be honest by 2019 all the PU will be very close to each other performance wise.

marmer

The season after 19 the engines are due to change better be a good engine to win the title with just one shot

Thunder

Sasha wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 03:04
McLaren drops Honda for 2019 season then that opens the door for a Factory PU up for grabs.

And be honest by 2019 all the PU will be very close to each other performance wise.
This is assuming Honda will come good, which may very well happen (i hope with McLaren and in the next few Weeks). But as of right now, why on Earth would Red Bull change from Renault to Honda?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sasha

Thunders wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 07:24
Sasha wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 03:04

This is assuming Honda will come good, which may very well happen (i hope with McLaren and in the next few Weeks). But as of right now, why on Earth would Red Bull change from Renault to Honda?
RB would love a factory deal and the 2020 engine formula will most likely get rid of the MGU-H(only MGU-K but two of them....front and rear) and go to two turbos for better sound.Going back to more petrol tech from todays diesel tech.....setting fuel flow rate so that the ICE will rev to 15,000 rpm(making power all the way to redline) over todays 11-12,000 rpm.

Thunder

They would love a good Factory Deal. ;)
It's not like they're scraping for Pennies. Marko even admitted in hindsight he is glad Ron Dennis vetoed against giving Red Bull Engines. And who guarantees in 2020 Honda will be a good Engine? We know nothing about the 2020 Engine regulations except they could get simpler.

Like i said, right now, why on Earth would they want to switch to Honda?
#aerogollum

Sasha

Because they want too.Red Bull has a very good relationship with Honda.

Thunder

Do you think the Relationship would still be good if they had Honda Engines for the last three Years? ;)
#aerogollum

Vasconia

Sasha wrote:
09 Jun 2017, 08:32
Because they want too.Red Bull has a very good relationship with Honda.
Do they work together in another competition??

My bet is:

2018:
McLaren-Mercedes
Sauber-Honda

2019:

McLaren-Honda(go back when the PU is good)
Sauber-Honda

marmer

Let's face it the only reason sauber have switched to honda is money they have a better package using last year's Ferrari engines
So the idea that red bull would use honda is ridiculous they would wait until they know 100% it was a good engine to a standard that was level with others. Honda are going to have a very good 2018 to prove that

Thunder

@Vasconia: They have a Superbike Team. Not sure what that has to do with F1 but hey, the relationship must be good enough to just forget what Honda did in F1 since 2015.
#aerogollum