Ferrari 2018 concept with Aeroscreen

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Ferrari 2018 concept with Aeroscreen

TAG wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 19:41
http://adn.gpupdate.net/news/309055.jpg

Here's a better shot of the windscreen, I made an extra effort to go get it for the one guy who was so incensed about the previous images.
That looks damn good. It's a hark back to classic cars. I like it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Shrieker

Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

BanMeToo

It's tape.

TAG

Shrieker wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 22:08
TAG wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 18:45
Looks a lot less "sexy" in the real life implementation.
Why is it cracked ?
It's not cracked, just some type of protective film for shipping. Goes to show though about the tear off things, they need to be immaculate. I think we're going to have a screen of some type regardless of what the drivers or the fans want.

I wonder though if enough fans scream about this being F1 and the screens detracting from it like some fans complained about the new engine sounds, will they change it?

To look really sexy, they have to be completely integrated like the original rendering, it looks great but the more integrated the more restrictive as well and the implications it will bring would take a long time to figure out, to really understand it you'd have to race them.

IMO if you're going to go the screen route, you go the ENCLOSED route, complete fighter jet canopy. Then I'd buy the safety line and not just these half baked solutions that are more for liability than safety.

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

void

First photo looks like an LMP1 with open wheels

skoop

I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the shield or halo devices. Open cockpits look the best to me.
But, I have to admit that the shield looks a lot better then I feared.
Are there pictures of the whole car with the shield device yet? Or do we have to wait for FP1?

Holm86

skoop wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 09:58
I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the shield or halo devices. Open cockpits look the best to me.
But, I have to admit that the shield looks a lot better then I feared.
Are there pictures of the whole car with the shield device yet? Or do we have to wait for FP1?
It's still an open cockpit though.
If they HAVE to put on some sort of safety device, I prefer the shield.
The Red Bull aero screen is way too steep an angle, and the halo looks like ---.

And we also have to remember that it won't look its best, before its fully integrated in the design of the car, and not just stuck on for a test.

Jef Patat

The crack magic revealed...

Jef Patat

On track:

bauc

From the sides it looks very cool to me, overall for me this is the best out of the 3 options so far.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Jef Patat

I keep wondering how visibility will be in wet conditions.

bauc

Jef Patat wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 11:32
Have in mind that the wake generated from the aero will push all water to the sides of the screen, but yes it will be challenging that is for sure.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

j2004p

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 19:04
anti-glare and de-mirror the wind.aero.screen AND anti-glare non-gloss the top of the monocoque where it's below the aeroscreen and i think you're immediately on a much better route.
The on board shots show that they've covered the top of the monocoque below the shield in a matte black cover, probably for this very reason.

Vasconia

Jef Patat wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 11:32
I have read that Vettel was not happy at all, mentioning that the vision is distorted. He has done only a single lap of the three expected.

Jef Patat

bauc wrote:
14 Jul 2017, 11:38
Have in mind that the wake generated from the aero will push all water to the sides of the screen, but yes it will be challenging that is for sure.
Keeping air flow over all three surfaces big enough. Outside/inside of the screen and the visor of the helmet. In such a turbulent area that is influenced in cornering... Wouldn't dare betting on it, even if I had access to CFD.