Petition against halo in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u

Re: Petition against halo in F1

dans79 wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 23:58
Manoah2u wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 23:46
driver airbags i guess is what's next in line. surprisingly, i am surprised that this has not actually been implemented. would THAT perhaps lessened the impact on Bianchi's head [by absorbing]?
The only thing that would have helped Bianchi, would be the front end loader not being there.
I agree to a certain point, that is the root of the problem, but at the same time, it has been mentioned that his helmet actually did hit that front end loader and recieved such a high amount of peak G force which essentially was the deathblow. in other words, the damage inflicted must have been less had his helmet then not hit that front end loader, or had the energy been absorbed more. which issues again the question, what about an airbag?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

Manoah2u wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 06:10
dans79 wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 23:58
Manoah2u wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 23:46
driver airbags i guess is what's next in line. surprisingly, i am surprised that this has not actually been implemented. would THAT perhaps lessened the impact on Bianchi's head [by absorbing]?
The only thing that would have helped Bianchi, would be the front end loader not being there.
I agree to a certain point, that is the root of the problem, but at the same time, it has been mentioned that his helmet actually did hit that front end loader and recieved such a high amount of peak G force which essentially was the deathblow. in other words, the damage inflicted must have been less had his helmet then not hit that front end loader, or had the energy been absorbed more. which issues again the question, what about an airbag?
It was 92G if memory serves. I've seen footage of the actual impact, and post impact close-ups as well. The role hoop, and everything behind it was gone. The loads created by the impact were so high I can't see anything short of a fully enclosed cockpit saving him.

If you had a fully enclosed cockpit that was as robust as the tub, then I could see airbags helping. However nothing currently proposed is anywere close to being as robust as the tub.
197 104 103 7

McG

Signed. Really hope this gets cancelled.
F1 is dead.

Chuckjr

Signed. 6,735 signatures now.
Watching F1 since 1986.

AJI
AJI

Signed.
Is there anything about it in the latest tech specs?

ChrisDanger

AJI wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 00:32
Signed.
Is there anything about it in the latest tech specs?
There's no point in signing now, not that here ever was a hope of the fans stopping this.

But anyway, Article 15.2 has a bunch of new items about a "secondary roll structure".

https://www.fia.com/file/61680/download ... n=4gFBsnlf

Steven
Owner

As mentioned, the petition may be useless now that the changes were ratified by WMSC.

In any case, signing can still be done, but I'll close this thread.
HALO discussion can continue in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26591