Renault R.S.18 Halo concept

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jerreclaus

Renault R.S.18 Halo concept

Hi guys

Thought you'd like to see this as well. I modified my Ferrari SF18H Aeroscreen concept to a Renault R.S.18 Halo concept.

The teams and FIA are going to design the fourth generation of the device for next year, obviously I don't know if it will remain as bulky as it was until now, but here's hoping it won't be. If I'm honest I think I made my version a bit too flimsy. It's just basically the carbon fiber rim that was in the Ferrari SF18H's Aersocreen, with added strut in the middle and some visual tweaks to make it more of a whole. I think it works especially well with the Renault livery, which is underrated in my view.

Here's the source: https://www.behance.net/gallery/5522895 ... -RS18-Halo

Spread, share, like, hope you dig it!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Renault R.S.18 Halo concept

Well done and looks good enough for something that is horrible anyway. I'd prefer your shield/windscreen over this any day of the week.

as for some positive criticism:

i may be wrong, but i think the halo is a bit close to the bottom of the headrest in some areas which might obstruct the view a bit more, i feel that - though wrong perhaps -
the 'actual' halo is seated higher up compared to this, less impacting the view. You might compensate a bit by angling the side of the halo upwards, thus instead of having it
flat in that area, it is angled diagonally, so the thinnest part is in the line of sight of the driver and obstructs the least possible. like this concept, it would probably block the
view a bit more and show a wider 'bar'. compare it to looking at the front pillar from the side instead of right from behind [ or from an angle].

i know carbon fibre is strong, very very strong. just think about the front wings and how they're mounted to the nosecone. i don't know whether a combination of a strong metal
and carbon works, if it's better or not. a metal surely will weigh significantly more though. BUT perhaps, to keep the thickness down of the halo device, they might actually mount
an actual 'u-shaped' metal 'ring'/horseshoe to catch force. but perhaps a full carbon body is stronger than that. i'm not educated enough in that area.

good work either way.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"