2007 driver-lineup

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

As I've said before, marleboro have sponsored a 'dream team' before and it tturned into a nightmare!

I would love to see the scot in red and I believe there is a chance, because I want to believe it though. I read the column in autosport and it does seem like neither side is actually saying No chance, although Coulthard expressed a desire to be in a Newey designed RBR3 next year.

Also finally it would be an interesting link to the old 'Ecurie Ecosse' days.

N.b. I was reading an extract about Alberto Ascari (the first guy to crash into the harbour at Monaco!) and I was amazed to find that he was the last Italian champion. While ferrari swept the board only a couple of years back it was 1953 (53 years ago!) since we had an Italian champ.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

jgredline wrote:As a huge JPM fan, I think he needs to go someplace Like Renault where he has a chance at competing for the #1 driver position. At Mclaren he was doomed even before he tested the car. Kimi was Dennis boy and it really shows. It is true he gave up atleast 2 victories last year for kimi.
True. RD didn't ever try to hide where he put his intersest in 2007, and I've no proof of it, but I really feel JPM has no more support this year, when he withdrawed at Melbourne his engineers did look at him with the same sort of expression as the smiley: :roll: . At least that was my impression.

Flavio said recently he had a list with I think five or six drivers in whom the team is potentialy interested. Given JPM's situation, I would be very surprised if he isn't near the top of the list, which must countain also the names of Raikonen and Webber along Kovaleinen and probably Fisichella.

About DC to Ferrari, I really don't buy it. Their number one driver for 2007 will be either MS or KR, and I think Massa has a two years deal, so the second seat seems locked. But if I'm mistaken about Massa, then he's probably another name on Flavio's list...

jgredline

I have had this conversation on another thread and your not alone in saying Montoya has dissapointed
In Montoyas deffence however, he has never really been given the chance to be the number one. We can sit here and argue that Mclaren does not play favorites, but its clear they do. They cost Montoya atleast two wins last year that the team gave to Kimi. No dought Montoya cost himself two others as well. The fact that they Sighned Fernando so early shows their disrespect for JPM. At the end of Last year JPM had the measure of Kimi and was beating him.
This year he has never had a chance. I think Ron Dennis has finally realized that Kimi is gone and he knows in his heart the true potential of JPM thus the offer to stay 1 more year. JPM also knows ron dennis true colors now.
I hope he goes to renault inspite of the fact I don't like renault, just so he can prove he is one of the best and can get the job done. He should go there even if he drives for free. Its not like he needs the money but its time to prove himself just as Coultard has at RB.. DC is pretty quick but being a definate number 2 at Mclaren is like being a number 2 at ferrai. Any hope of victory depends on the number 1 dropping out.
To finish first, first you must finish.

NickT

Schumi and DC's history is interesting, DC has never been over awed by him and has given as good as he got when in the right machinery, thinking of the French GP incident 8) On paper it makes some sence but I really can't see DC playing second fiddle to Michael, although I could see him liking the opportunity to have one last crack at him in equal machinery :wink: But then I can't see the Red Parking Baron and Napoleon allowing our Pictish hero the chance :cry:
NickT

Scuderia_Russ

They would let him have the chance if they thought he ws good enough.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

vyselegend

Recently Kovalainen was suspected by many to be Fisichella's mate next year, but following the news that Toro Rosso should use Renault's engines next year, it seems Heikki have a seat waiting for him there. Of course this is just speculations, but I think it becomes more and more a possibility to see Raikonen leading the blue team next year, as Giancarlo gave the hint about his future team mate that it would be a finnish, so if it's not Kovaleinen...

JimmyK
JimmyK

I'm not sure, I just couldn't imagine Kimi choosing Renault over Ferrari, I'm almost certain that Kovaleinen will get the Renault seat with Fisichella, and Kimi will go to Ferrari (probably with Schumacher).

I wonder who'll partner Alonso at McLaren, Ron doesn't seem to like putting rookies in his team, so perhaps he's actually interested in Rosberg, or they could just stick with Montoya.

All just speculation...

jaslfc
jaslfc

I think renault will rather get an experience driver rather than put Kovaleinen in a race set. If the option is there to place him in redbull i think that would be the best situation. Give his 1 year of race experience and in 2008 give him a renault race seat. IM suprised renault is not looking at finding young french talent

Principessa

vyselegend wrote:Recently Kovalainen was suspected by many to be Fisichella's mate next year, but following the news that Toro Rosso should use Renault's engines next year, it seems Heikki have a seat waiting for him there.
I don't think that this would happen as Klien will move to Toro Rosso to join Liuzzi!

The problem is that there will be too many drivers in 2007 and not enough race seat :P

jaslfc
jaslfc

Principessa wrote: The problem is that there will be too many drivers in 2007 and not enough race seat :P
same story every year!! :D

FEAR-ME
FEAR-ME

i read on another site that massa is linked to red bull next year and maybe montoya back to williams.

Spencifer_Murphy

I dunno bout the Montoya thing. I heard from a friend the same thing about Massa though.

With regards JPM, i cant really see him going back to Williams, they didn't leave on a good note did they IIRC?

That said, I mentioned in the other topic that the JPM-Mclaren relkationship doesnt seem to be quite a fruitfull as the JPM-Williams alliance. With BMW's corporate meddling out of the way at Williams, and powerful Toyota engines in a Williams chassis next year, Williams would be as good a bet as any or JPM.

Rumour has it he's going to try for a Renualt drive, but Fisico has resigned and Flavio would love to put Heikki in the other car I bet. So in that case, Frank, Juan Pablo...settle your differences, the two of you are just what each other needs right now!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

FEAR-ME
FEAR-ME

heikki was another name thrown around at red bull, you never know flavio might try pretty hard to get webber to renault next year if the car is as competitive as the last two years it would be a change for him.

blue

f1 team lineup is getting clearer with montoya out of mclaren this year.if shumi is staying at ferarri then kimi would definitely not going there, so it's either staying at mclaren or going to renault but one thing is for sure, alonso would be on team mclaren next year!!!!!! :idea:
iceman

johny

montoya's move hasn't cleared anything we'll are waiting for shu, if he leaves we'll se lot of changes