Info about used Power Units

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pmneo
pmneo

Info about used Power Units

Hello together,

are there any official public informations about which Power Unit is used in which Session / Race of each Car?

I was thinking about, if Merc may has used an older spec engine on the Singapore race because of the lower perfomance impact.

What do you think about it?

nevill3

Re: Info about used Power Units

Teds notebook on Sky TV said that the Mercedes engines were in fact the number two engine, so Hamilton's was first used in Spain and Bottass first used his at Monaco. A very old engine indeed but very reliable. I too would love to find an official list of which engine is used where.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

marmer
marmer

the fia.com has lots of information and tech reports for every session but they are not the easiest to understand sometimes but they are free

pmneo
pmneo

Well, i can't find any hints here which PU Elements where used for Qualifying and Race.

The just report when a new PU Element was unsealed, but not if they using older Elements ...

Jolle
Jolle

there is no list of what PU element is used when, only a list of how many elements they have introduced to the pool and a report when they add a new one. I also don't know if they even report it in that detail.

pmneo
pmneo

According to AMuS they have used the Number #3 Engine in Singapore Race but the #4 Engine will be used for the last 6 races ...

Phil

I just watched the AMuS report, and I am not confident their information is correct about engine #3 being used at Singapore. Ted reported the same after QF in Singapore but then made the correction post race where he clarified that it was indeed #2 that was used. I tend to believe that version.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Both using #2 for the Singapore GP, BOT engine has done a lot more milage as it was used for Friday sessions until the British GP i think (correct me please) when #3 was introduced and then #2 being used for Fridays only.

BOT is marginal on ICE and other components, however we saw two years ago with ROS it wasn't a issue with one ICE doing 7 or 9 races i think it was. It just means the power modes become more critical in management.

#3 at Mercedes will be used for Fridays and #4 being used for races.