Symonds to Ferrari??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

Symonds to Ferrari??

More team-switching news! Ferrari would have done an offer to Pat Symonds to get him to switch to the Scuderia next season!

I hope Pat won't leave Renault! He's the engine behind the success of Renault the last few years. Well, a big part anyway!!

m3_lover

I do not know, he has been with Benetton and Renault for the last 15-20 years.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Scuderia_Russ

Why, is Ross Brawn retiring?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

NickT

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Why, is Ross Brawn retiring?
I think this is more intersting :shock:
NickT

Principessa

No Ross Brawn isn't retiring. I think. McLaren seems to be interested as well :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/3049

McLaren could use his brains, that's for sure. But I really hope he'll stay with Renault!

Scuderia_Russ

Honda need his input more than any of the other top teams if you ask me.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tp
Tp

To be honest I really couldn't see him moving to Ferrari, why would he? He's been loyal to the Benneton/ Renault team for some time now, why would he move to an established team.

But if he is planning on leaving, I agree with Scuderia_Russ here, I think Honda are lacking in this department, having Pat Symonds is more advantageous to them than to Ferrari.

NickT

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Honda need his input more than any of the other top teams if you ask me.
I am with you on that one :D
NickT

chepoi

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Honda need his input more than any of the other top teams if you ask me.
i think that Super Aguri also need him also more than HONDA or other top/mid or bottom team as well!!! hehehehehe :lol:

f1.redbaron

Tp wrote:To be honest I really couldn't see him moving to Ferrari, why would he? He's been loyal to the Benneton/ Renault team for some time now, why would he move to an established team.
I can't see him leaving for Ferrari, simply because Brawn is still there.

However, that doesn't mean that he's going to stay at Renault. Today, you're loyal only to the company that pays you the most money. And, let's face it, $1 million to design a championship winning car seems like peanuts compared to Gascoyne's $8 mil, and Newey's $10 mil.

However, I think that there is hope for the Renault fans. Ghosn said that he will give Renault the necessary funds in order for them to remain on top, so that means that Symmonds will get his raise.