RBR front wing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tpe
tpe

RBR front wing

Well,
I am expecting to read the same words, regulations, Symonds' words, bla bla bla etc, that you said about Ferrari's front wing for the extra super (and whatever you can add) flexi front wing of Red Bull.

I think that the case is closed, but you have to admit that we now have the champion of super flexed wings. Red Bull Racing.

If you do not know what I am talking about, then just watch the video from Fisichella's move on Coulthard.

Note: I do not want a flame war. Just to point that, when some of us were say that Ferrari is not the only team that have flexible aero, you told us that we just the wear Ferrari glasses.

BTW, did RBR sign the protest against Ferrari or not? Just because they have Ferrari engines?

mep

I also noticed that during race.
It's amazing how far this wing bend up without braking
thanks to Carbon fiber.

janus

that is why the right politic is not to open your mouth all the team try to get more performance any way they can all the team have flexi wing or traction control the only diference is some are caught and other dont remenber bar last year...

Scuderia_Russ

Come on guys, they use Ferrari engines, what do you expect? ( :roll: )
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

FLC
FLC

Dont bother. This subject will end up just like Renault's front wing which vibrates in a different way to Ferrari's rear wing, which is being analysed and discussed in another thread here in a very pathetic way.

RACKITUP

I'm not sure if you are joking :lol: or not, but if you are not:

Although it may seem insignificant, a torsionally moment caused by a point force (such as Fisi's wheel) is completely different to the way static and dynamic aeroelasticity works caused by a pressure distribution/coupled with bending moment.

A wing can easily be designed to "give" in such a way to minimise damage in a collision, whilst maximising stiffness due to aerodynamic effect; thus adhering to the FIA rules

tpe
tpe

No I am not joking. I had no see any other wing to flex in such way. And in case they intentionaly did what you desccribed in technical terms, then I think that soon enough we will see that to other teams too. It's a very clever idea. (honestly, I am not joking.)

And the post is not made in order to flame over RBR tactics. I totally agree that the spirit of the law is probably more important than everything else. What I DO want to point is that since it's not a Ferrari car, no one cares.

And what you just said about the FIA rules and the way teams 'cheat' was the point of flame wars. But I did not see anyone from the other guys that were demanding Ferrari's disqualification/bla bla bla, to post ANYTHING here.

I think that I made my point :)