Red Bull and the Newey Era

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RACKITUP

Red Bull and the Newey Era

So with Red Bull's charismatic yet professional persona, its technical superiority over the mid-field and now that it has a taste of podium, what are Red Bull’s chances for the rest of the season and next year?

With a Ferrari Engine, and Newey now on board, I have high expectations for RB, and depending on their drivers line-up, I think RB will be capable of top 3 next year ……

dumrick

Aren't people going a bit over the top with Coulthard's lucky podium? Ok, it must be granted to DC a great consistent driving, but the Red Bulls made the slowest fastest laps of the field, excepting for the Super Aguris!
Yes, 19th (DC) and 20th (CK) fastest laps!! Other cars just got stuck behind others, drivers made mistakes, etc...

So, back on topic, I pretty much expect Red Bull to continue struggling in midfield this year. As for next year, I don't believe that a technical director can make that much difference in a team alone, but they have made in the past reasonable cars already...

jaslfc

i think monaco is more for mechanical grip and driver performance. i dont think redbull is competitve yet. they say the revised chassis is coming out next race so we can see their potential there. But full credit goes to dc for a good consistent race

m3_lover

I would wait until the British GP to see what there potential is, and I thinking also that ferrari might want to see what Newey has done with the RB2 as it both runs on a ferrari engine and Bridgestones :)
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

m3_lover

My mistake, they run on Michelin's
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

kkobayash

m3_lover wrote:I would wait until the British GP to see what there potential is, and I thinking also that ferrari might want to see what Newey has done with the RB2 as it both runs on a ferrari engine and Bridgestones :)
im pretty sure RB run on Michelins actually...??

but ye you definitely have to see at British GP where everyone stands, Monaco is too much of a one off to really get nething from it.

jaslfc

what bout dc next year? has there anything said bout his contract negotiations?

Tom

With a podium and 7pts he should be in next year, Klien will probably be there too though.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

NickT

Much as I would like to say that this is an upturn in their fortunes, I believe it was DC's driving and race craft that elivated them this weekend. Monaco is one of the few circuits where a driver really can make a difference.

However, I believe there is a Newey designed update for the British GP, which may bring them forward. But I think Mr Newey will then be looking at RB3, so further advances will be incremental.

I think 2007 it where RB will take a step forward, but it will be interesting to see what happens on the engine front, will they still be using Ferrari next year :?:
NickT

RH1300S

A great result for Red Bull & DC (Good ol' DC keep him in the seat next year guys!).

I don't see any evidence this is a renaissance or anything to do with Newey. Just a solid bit of race driving by DC.

Let's see how the car goes at Silverstone.

Next year there should be a much better picture of what is possible with a Newey car.

janus

we can see in monaco that is nothing wrong whidt the mecanical grip of the red bull so the problem must be aerodynamic ..i am expecting a big bust im performance in silverstone i tink red bull is going to be the 4 or 5 mus strong team on the next gp

the fight is 3 mclaren ----- (4 bar , 5red bull)

zac510

19th and 20th fastest times, at Monaco and on the podium.

Face it, it was a one off.

I'm not saying they won't ever get up there but Sunday was just mostly luck.

janus

I'm not saying that is wa nt a one off but a really think the prob is aerodynamics frist the cooling prob that they add to change whid newey help all tha package had to be change ...so the car started bad maybe now ehid the new update for silverstone they will get mutch better ..i ope that the update is not like the toyota tf106b where the difrences are minimal

zac510

Yeah, it would be good to see them on the podium again.